Invite a Service Member to your Duck Blind

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Re: Invite a Service Member to your Duck Blind

Postby GGC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 pm

removed
Last edited by GGC on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGC
hunter

Virginia Hunt

Postby flint4045 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:34 am

Duck,goose,turkey,deer hunts available to any active duty military near me. If any one is stationed near me and want a weekend out hunting let me now. I can provide all the gear needed. You just need your clothes. I know what it is like to be away from home and not able to go hunting. I am located in the Northern Neck of Va. My hunting buddy {nephew} is in Iraq right now. I didn't go duck hunting but 3 times last year. No fun going by my self. Plus it is a pain humping all the gear.
My email is flint40_45@yahoo.com emails or better than pm's for me. All private land hunts.
flint4045
hunter

Postby Duckin'soldier » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Hey guys.. and gals,
Just wanted to say thanks for all these offers and the support. I'm currently Active Army deployed in nor. Iraq with the 1st Cavalry Div. I'm From Az, but will be taking a trip up through CA in december when i get back. I need all the duck or geese hunting i can get. I have a year to make up for... :yes: If anyone has any time to take me or help with areas let me know. i have dekes and all my own gear. I would gladly trade for a quail/dove/duck/archery deer/turkey hunt in AZ.
Thanks again, Trevor
Duckin'soldier
hunter

Postby CountryboyNC » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 am

Hey yall, I would just like to thank you guys and gals for offering hunts to us that are deployed. If anyone has any good hookups in the south, such as Arkansas and could send me that way it would be greatly appreciate. I will be getting home from Iraq hopefully sometime in Dec. if not I want to try to hunt down that way next season.
Livin' Life to it's Fullest...
CountryboyNC
hunter

Postby Remman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Any body who is stationed in south GA , north FLA, shoot me PM!! Be glad to help our troops out!!
Thanks for serving :clapping:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gonehuntindd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 am

First off thank you for thinking of us, moving to a new area and a new type of hunting is both exciting and daunting. Having someone that knows the area willing to show you the ropes makes a huge difference.
I just got stationed at Pope AFB, I don't have any decoys yet, and I don't know how to call ducks. However, I have a trained hunting dog. So if you are tired of wading or paddling out to retrieve your ducks PM me. BYW she also points birds if you want to do some quail hunting.
gonehuntindd
Newb

Postby MDSHore » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:18 pm

This is what its all about! Every one of you are true Americans and we appreciate you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The Wingmen"
Team WingNutz Calls
Sean Mann Outdoors
MDSHore
hunter

Postby Doctor D » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 pm

anyone willing to take a servicemember out in AK, im in the anchorage area but am willing to travel. I duck hunt, fish everything and bow/rifle hunt.
Doctor D
Newb

Postby devildog83 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Pensacola. Fl. If you want to go let me know. Open invite to service members even you pesky squids and all other non Marines. SEMPER FI
Canvasbacks 2
Redheads 4
Bluebills 16
Ringers 27
GW Teal 7
BW Teal 23
Blacks 2
Mottled 1
Mallards 1
Ross's Goose 1
Hooded Merg 3
Common Merg 4
Widgeon 1
Woodies 14
devildog83
hunter

OPEN INVITE for service members in Texas.

Postby TXduckHTR » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I am in Central Texas near Austin. I have a boat, dog and all gear. If there are any service members that would like to hunt the last couple weeks of the season let me know.

Thanks

J.P.
TXduckHTR
hunter

Postby kfinley » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Any hunters from around western KY. Disabled vet looking for new oppritunitys.
kfinley
hunter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 am

north Oregon coast, Columbia river. puddlers or divers. all expense paid. pm if interested.
all hunting will be done out of a boat with a blind. no walking, no packing decoys.

types of ducks we commonly shoot in oregon:
mallard greenwing teal wigeon wood duck gadwall pintail shoveler greater scaup lesser scaup buffle head surf scoter ringneck duck.

types of canada geese in oregon:
Western Vancouver Aleutian dusky lesser taverner cackler
valley waterfowlers
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Located in Southeastern Montana, Billings.

Get in on some spectacular Mallard and Goose hunting.
Mostly field hunts from layouts for Geese.
Hunting out of a blind on ponds and rivers for ducks, along with field hunting.
Have all the gear necessary, even shotguns.

Have a great deal of respect and appreciation for all who made the sacrifice to join the military to protect our way of life and would love to take out any and all military members. Shoot me a pm and get it set up. We hunt between first part of October till second week in Jan. Usually make it out 75 to 100 days. Would consider it a extreme honor to have any of you boys out.

Thank You
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby JTruitt » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:48 pm

I am a U.S. navy veteran located in northern california. Always looking for new hunting buddies & new places to hunt. I do not know anyone with private duck blinds or hunting spots, so most of the hunting I do is on the refuges out here. If anyone is interested in taking a vet hunting I'm down. I have all my own gear & can call fairly well, & am an above average shot! Email me @ truittjt@gmail.com if you'd like more info. Thank you!
JTruitt
hunter

Postby Morgan12 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Any one in the Scott AFB area I'd be glad to help you out just PM me.
Morgan12
hunter

Postby marhunter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:15 pm

We're looking to join up with anyone that will take us snow goose hunting. We're 3 Marines and we have texas rags and some flyers but need someone with experience. We're looking to hunt Eastern MD or Delaware as we've tried several public lands but haven't had any luck. thanks in advance
marhunter
Newb

Postby David121582 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Hello all,
I just recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan that made me miss just about all of the good hunting seasons. I am looking to get out and get some good hunting in this year to make up for lost time. I am currently stationed in Colorado but am willing to travel. Please let me know if you know if you have any offers. Thanks,
Dave
David121582
hunter

Postby birdbustr » Fri May 18, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm near Chesapeake, VA. I haven't been able to hunt much since I've been in the military other than some Dove and Deer hunting. I was deployed for almost all of 2011. I'm on shore duty now and would like to find a hunting partner, or 3 or 4 in the area. I'm safe, punctual and looking to get back out there for some weekday and weekend hunting. I'm also willing to entertain the idea of chipping in on a boat or hunting lease for the next couple of years.
birdbustr
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:12 am

Here comes another season that I haven't been able to do the lead work on. Missed last season as i was in afghanistan and just got moved to the Fredericksburg, VA area. I'm an active duty Marine, safe, reliable, and interested in hunting with anyone who can say the same on the safe/reliable part (I guess Marines are okay as well). I know it's a shot in the dark and folks typically dislike offering but I know when to ask for help, so here I am. Thanks in advance and happy hunting this season!
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby labs17 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Northern Illinois and would be glad to host at my blind!
Shoot me a PM
-Labs
labs17
hunter

Postby cowboykerk » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:57 am

Military member looking for goose hunts around the Denver, co area.
cowboykerk
hunter

Postby David121582 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 am

cowboykerk wrote:Military member looking for goose hunts around the Denver, co area.

Haven't been on here in a while since I was supposed to pcs to alaska and it got cancel. I am looking for any hunting opprtunities in or near Colorado Springs even north or south along 25. Haven't gotten any good hunting in for a few years due to deployments.

Cowboy kirk,
If you want to get on some ducks, public land, I might be able to take you out a couple times this year if you dont know any spots.
David121582
hunter

Postby taskforcewaterfowl » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Dave and cowboy--

Please come check us out on facebook: www.facebook.com/taskforcewaterfowl and shoot us an email at taskforcewaterfowl@gmail.com

We have a strong following in Colorado and are setting up a fall hunt and can get you in contact with our area 'Wingmen'.

-Rudy
TASK FORCE WATERFOWL

http://www.facebook.com/taskforcewaterfowl

Become a 'Wingman' --- taskforcewaterfowl@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOWL GRUNT FIELD STAFF
taskforcewaterfowl
hunter

Postby taskforcewaterfowl » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Sorry guys, didn't introduce myself earlier on here. I'm normally on under 'duckhunter175'. The aim of this section of the forum is similar to the overall goal of the non-profit that I've founded with several other active duty soldiers. Please help us out in spreading the word and helping get military service members out hunting!

Task Force Waterfowl is a non-profit dedicated to getting soldiers, veterans and wounded warriors out into the blind around the country. The purpose of the organization is to network individuals and groups with similar goals around the country and at all the different military installations to create and fund waterfowl hunting opportunities for those who have never been before or have difficulty making that duck hunting dream a reality. With nation-wide and service-wide reach we can ensure a resilient brotherhood of waterfowlers will be waiting to welcome you whenever you may PCS or ETS!

We have a solid group of 'Wingmen' and sponsors across the country and have several hunts planned for this coming season. If you would like to join forces please head to http://www.facebook.com/taskforcewaterfowl or email us if you want to participate or help out. taskforcewaterfowl@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Rudy
TASK FORCE WATERFOWL

http://www.facebook.com/taskforcewaterfowl

Become a 'Wingman' --- taskforcewaterfowl@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOWL GRUNT FIELD STAFF
taskforcewaterfowl
hunter

Postby barq's » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm SSgt. Gerald Barq and I'm currently deployed in Saudi....I'm hoping to make it home around Thanksgiving and have had my pre-season/summer ruined by being over here. Long story short, i'm looking for a good mallard hunt in Arkansas, SE Missouri, Illinois, or Kansas. I don't travel alone and could possibly bring some other paying guys with me...especially my best friend and hunting partner that has taken care of all my yard work, honey do stuff for me while I was gone...I owe him big time, as that he took alot of stress off of me and took care of spending time with my two little boys while I was gone. I have a camp in the Mississippi Delta but hunt public mainly and that makes things hard. Would be willing to swap hunts or have you to our camp in the spring to crappie fish surrounding lakes....I appreciate what ya'll have done for other service members....
Thank you and God Bless...
my email is
sbarq1@yahoo.com
barq's
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Military Forum