Langley AFB

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: MIKE J., duck slayR, k9horseluvr, badandy970

Langley AFB

Postby EODQuack » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:59 am

Anyone know about hunting at Langley? I know there's a ton of water around there, can't find anything one way or the other about shooting ducks there?

Thanks
EODQuack
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Langley AFB

Postby tarheelduckhead » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:46 am

They do not allow waterfowling on Langley. All the water surrounding it is pretty locked up with private blinds.
tarheelduckhead
hunter

Re: Langley AFB

Postby Bullfrog26692 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:11 pm

A lot of the water is locked up with deep water blinds, but the only active ones I see being hunted are the ones coming through the main gate. I hunt in other areas of Virginia even though I'm stationed at Langley, but I would ride out to the blinds and see when they were last licensed. I know a lot of them are in dis-repair and probably have been abandoned. Good and bad... you can license that spot, but it was probably abandoned bc there aren't any birds there. Now I have seen a lot of geese that travel by that area, a mess of ringnecks, and swans loafing close by. As well as ruddys and buffies. A couple of Langley guys get together and build a deepwater blind and I can point you towards where the little bit of birds are...I've been at Langley for 11 years. I would do it myself, but I'm too busy building deep water blinds in the Back Bay of Virginia Beach. With a licensed blind you have the convince of hunting the blind or floating any of the surrounding 500 yards.
gooosehunter wrote:I dont always shoot ducks, but when I do, it's dos duckies.
Bullfrog26692
hunter

Return to Military Forum