Deployment Gear

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Deployment Gear

Postby Ajgall1055 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:50 am

I'm getting spun up for a deployment to the middle east and i was wondering what piece of gear everyone has to have when they go to the sandbox? I don't mean stuff like an M-4, kevlar, or boots i was wondering what little gadgets or small items everyone take with them.
Ajgall1055
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:52 am

Stuff to keep you busy during the travel time is hugh, like i-pod, ps2, dvd player,books and games. You'll be bored out of your mind if you don't bring anything to listen to or do. Other than that just the normal stuff, batteries, chapstick, gum, and beef jerky.

When and where are you going?
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby trigger22 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:58 pm

second the baby wipes, what do you do? what branch? where at are you heading? will you be making trips to the field. whenever i go overseas i make sure that i bring plenty of clothes to go to the gym in and also 10 pairs of socks, drawers, and skivvy shirts. laundry can be kind of difficult. may also think about packing some sort of way to cook food while your there. the chow hall gets old. i usually take a george foreman and a crock pot and pack it all up in the squadron pack up. i can then have people send me stuff to cook. last time in iraq we were able to go to the store and buy meat and i had my folks send me the rest of the stuff to make chili. it was a real hit with all of the guys. good luck to ya
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby cwhit519 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 am

I am in the sandbox right now. I will tell you one thing I learned big time. Spend the extra money on good socks. It is so hot out here your feet are always sweating. I learned this the hard way and regret not getting better socks. Also bring some sort of entertainment with you. It is boring as all get out over here and supplied entertainment is lacking at best.
cwhit519
hunter

Return to Military Forum