Where are the Sailors?

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Where are the Sailors?

Postby cwhit519 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:45 am

Just wanted to drop a line to all the sailors out there. I am in the Middle East right now. Can't wait to get back hme and do some waterfowling this year. I missed alot of last year due to deployment, but not this year. YES!!! 2 more months left. This place is driving me nuts. Hope all is well back in the states.
cwhit519
hunter

Postby OLD MISSALOT » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Usualy the best place to find sailors is explainiing to the marines that the big silver birds are airplanes :eek: :eek: Just kiddin, there is nothin wrong with bein a marine, that a good 5th grade education woul'nt cure.. Now stop that. Have you heard to new marine matto, MARINES the other sailors. Can you tell my son was a sailor. As for myself I was never a member of a n orginiesed military service, I was a soilder :rofl: :rofl:. All kidding aside My respects to all those who serve.
If you think like a duck you'll wind up in a pot!
OLD MISSALOT
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:41 pm

cwhitt,
good luck out there man, all is well back here dont worry about us.

MISS ALOT

Aint
Ready to be a
Marine
Yet

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

i wont hold it against ya. your screen name told me you were a soldier :rofl: nah just kiddin. we do it honorably and appreciate your thoughts
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby drake~slayer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Im here in California just waiting to hunt some thing. I spent ten years in the Navy. I got out of active duty as a BT/ MM3 (sw/aw) in 1999. I was one of the last Boiler techs.I was a builder in the CBs untill 2003. Got out as a BU2 (sw/aw/scws) in 2003. I spent three tours in the Gulf. One in the north atlantic. Got my blue nose and shell back. Good luck and God bless. Keep your head on a swivel and your powder dry...
Shoot 'em in the face.
drake~slayer
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:28 am

Continue to stay safe. Where are you headed to when you come back? I'll be heading out in September, not exactly sure when yet, but hoping to catch a few days of the early season before we do!
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:22 am

UT here.........stay safe brother .....ooohh raaahh
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:23 am

trigger22 wrote:cwhitt,

MISS ALOT

Aint
Ready to be a
Marine
Yet

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

i wont hold it against ya. your screen name told me you were a soldier :rofl: nah just kiddin. we do it honorably and appreciate your thoughts

Don't forget

My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby cwhit519 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Hey all......... Thanks for the posts. I am an AT3. The nerd of the aviation rate. I am in the P-3 navy. I am stationed in Brunswick, ME. The base is closing soon and will be relocating to Jacksonville, FL. I have been in 2 years now (Frosted Flakes, since breakfast). Well, things are what they are over here. Just ready to come home. Hope all is well back state side. I would say with the army and marine thing, not to be a hater, but I have met some people that would make you say "damn". Not the sharpest. Well everyone be safe.
cwhit519
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:58 am

We have those "dull" people in all branches! We just need to remember "One Team, One Fight!". Of course, we are going to have the jabbing between services for fun..what else would we do! Of course, being a Sailor I am partial to the Navy! Stay safe over there cwhit and soon you'll be whackin' 'em and stacken' 'em! Have you done any sea duck hunting up there in Maine? Are you from Maine originally?
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby cwhit519 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:30 am

K9,

Of course you are right, I have tons of respect for all branches even army and marine. I have seen those boys in action and I will tell you they are some of the bravest people I know. I have not done any offical sea duck hunting. I have had a few come into a spread and some Eiders found themselves in the bag for the day. After that day I have not shot any since. I shoot birds that I will eat and if not give to the game dinners. I would not feed and Eider to my worst enemy. NASTY!!! Thank you for the kind words. I am trying my best to get myself back to the states in one piece. I am originally from Vermont so not too different. Well, better get back to the plane. Talk to you all later.
cwhit519
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:40 am

Cwhit,

Stay safe and when you get back give me yell, I always have room for military in my blind. I'll be in Maine first week of gun season for deer this year. Looks like the winter was pretty hard on the herd but it is always a good time in camp.

Take care Mike
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mossyjoke » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Got out as STG3 in '97. USS David R. Ray. Decommed now. I wish I would've been a waterfowler back then. We were homeported out of Everett, Wa. Coulda' got me a harlequin! I'll do it one day! :thumbsup:
" I ain't got time to bleed. "
mossyjoke
hunter

Postby dogsbestfriend2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:12 am

I am in the Navy up here in Whidbey Island WA. If any of you want to come up and shoot some ducks let me know. We get some great birds here. This year I will try my hand at sea duck hunting.
dogsbestfriend2
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:47 pm

dogsbestfriend2 wrote:I am in the Navy up here in Whidbey Island WA. If any of you want to come up and shoot some ducks let me know. We get some great birds here. This year I will try my hand at sea duck hunting.

My sister-in-law was with the Garudas at Whidbey :thumbsup:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby dogsbestfriend2 » Thu May 01, 2008 5:10 am

My sister-in-law was with the Garudas at Whidbey :thumbsup:[/quote]

So were you a CB? My uncle is a retired BUC and my grandfather is a retired BUCS.
dogsbestfriend2
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri May 30, 2008 7:37 am

Cool
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby mgriffiths05 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:57 pm

QUACK3XS wrote:
trigger22 wrote:cwhitt,

MISS ALOT

Aint
Ready to be a
Marine
Yet

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

Don't forget

My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment

while we're at it lets not forget:

Uncle
Sam's
Misguided
Children
KILL 'EM!!!!
mgriffiths05
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Thought I would drop in on this thread myself...... AT1 (AW/SW) here.... stationed at MCAS Beaufort (yeah playing with the Marines).... I spent 2 years in Maine and 4 years in Whidbey Island so if either of you all need detailed info on some SECRET spots shoot me a Pm and i'll spill the beans!!!! I killed LOTS of birds in both places and may even know some locals to help you out.

Dude your DEAD wrong about eiders too..... not only is that the most fun type of duck i've ever hunted it's really the best tasting too.... don't listen to them fools if you do it right that bird will shock you with how good it tastes!!!!!
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby badandy970 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:54 pm

cwhit519 wrote:Hey all......... Thanks for the posts. I am an AT3. The nerd of the aviation rate. I am in the P-3 navy. I am stationed in Brunswick, ME. The base is closing soon and will be relocating to Jacksonville, FL. I have been in 2 years now (Frosted Flakes, since breakfast). Well, things are what they are over here. Just ready to come home. Hope all is well back state side. I would say with the army and marine thing, not to be a hater, but I have met some people that would make you say "damn". Not the sharpest. Well everyone be safe.

Don't feel bad cause you had to have an ASVAB score higher than your pant size to make rate. LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby RatherBhunting » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 pm

MA2 Avery K9 handler been in for 7 years. Here currently in Yokosuka, Japan will be back to Whidbey in 1 month...
RatherBhunting
hunter

Postby woodie77 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:27 am

got out back in january as an OS2(AW) after 10 years of service...worked mainly in the P-3 community...enjoyed everybit of the 10 years i was there just needed a change...for all you active guys stay safe in your endeavors and thanks for all you do
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
woodie77
hunter

Postby patrick.carrington » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:39 pm

YO! AME2 (AW) here. Viking ejection seat dude. Jesse, Jeremy. WWAASSSSUUUUUPPPPP!!
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Way to go pat... you ruined another good thread!! LOL The people you meet in the navy..... i'll tell ya :help:
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby rifleman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:22 pm

:thumbsup: BT here!
USN Retired
NRA Life
Somerset Sportsman Club
East Warren Rod and Gun
rifleman
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:25 pm

rifleman wrote::thumbsup: BT here!