I would like to thank!!!!!!!

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

I would like to thank!!!!!!!

Postby duckhunter23 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:20 pm

I would like to thank everyone on this forum that supports the military. I was reading threw a lot of the forum today and Saw a lot of things I really like.. Ounce again thank you for the support.

My name is SPC Grabowski and I am stationed out of Fort Drum NY. I have been deployed three times and getting ready for the fourth. In Between Deployments I stay hunting and fishing. The wife said I need to go to see a counslor due to the Problem I have. I am addictded to DUCK AND GOOSE Hunting. This season coming up will be my second season and It will be cut short becuase I will be deploying. But I plan on trying to kill ALOT of ducks and geese before I leave. BUT AS stated before thanks for the support and I just wanted you to know a little bit about myself..

THANK YOU TO THE SUPPORTER'S
duckhunter23
hunter

Postby drake~slayer » Wed May 21, 2008 2:46 pm

Hey man. From a gulf war vet to another. Thank you for your service. I am very proud to be a vet. I am also proud of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms. when you go back keep your head on a swivel and keep your powder dry.. An old saying
Shoot 'em in the face.
drake~slayer
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Wed May 21, 2008 8:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum and thank you for the kind words. I think we all know where you are coming from when it comes to military obligations verses the waterfowl season. Then when we do get home and the season is open we are gone again to the blind.
Remember that behind every Soldier, Marine, Sailor, and Airmen there is a family that makes alot of sacrifices on a daily basis. It is a delicate balancing act for both of you, but it can be done.

Hang in there, It's not easy but before you know it you will be back home with your loved one's and whacking and stacking the birds.

Stay safe and keep in touch here for a sanity check whenever you need a waterfowling fix or support from your brothers and sisters.

Mike
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cwhit519 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Hey there, just wanted to drop a line and say I know what oyu are going through. I am currently serving in the Middle East and missed seasons also. It is hard on us and sometimes I find myself thinking only of the crap and strain on myself. I forget like the other gentleman was saying. There are many poeple that go through this with us. Just because they don't com out here doesn't make their time any less worse than ours. Stay safe above all. Where are you heading over here? I am going to be heading out of here in a little bit..... Take care of ourself and those around you. Bring you and your buddies back to the states in the same condition as you left. God Speed.
cwhit519
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Fri May 30, 2008 11:38 am

:welcome: to the forum. Thank you for the words and the same to you. Be safe over there, I won't be far behind. Hopefully, all of these guys will leave us some birds for next season!
Take Care,
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Return to Military Forum