Virginia Military

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Virginia Military

Postby usmc2220 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 am

Anyone else here in VA that duck hunts?
usmc2220
hunter

Military hunter

Postby cupped&committed0321 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:54 am

Im always back and forth from NC to Virginia. Dont hunt much around where you are i hunt about an hour west of you. Would like to do some hunting there on Quantico are though. Maybe we could link up some time
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I don't shrink from this responsibility, I welcome it!
cupped&committed0321
hunter

Postby usmc2220 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:17 am

that sounds good, not much for hunting the bases with all the hassle and extra stuff it entails sometimes. Wish I was still down at Jacksonville, NC where your at theres a lot of good duck hunting in those areas
usmc2220
hunter

Postby grunt_doc » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:26 am

you WISH you were back in J-action-ville?!? No thanks!! I loved the duty, job, people, but I HATED that place! Ducks or no ducks.

Doc
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
grunt_doc
hunter

Postby steelslinger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:53 pm

grunt_doc wrote:you WISH you were back in J-action-ville?!? No thanks!! I loved the duty, job, people, but I HATED that place! Ducks or no ducks.

Doc

I will third that from DOC, I go to Quantico about 7 times a year and the geese are just crazy numbers there. I would love to hunt the Quantico area just once.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby usmc2220 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Its not that it wasnt a shotty place sometimes, its making the best of a bad place which can make it a great place... that positive mental attitude lol. It was rough at times with the back to back deployments we're all throwing in a hand on but in the grand scheme it wasnt that bad
usmc2220
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:53 pm

US, what part of Va are you calling home.???? I live in central Va, just south of Richmond and you are more than welcome to hunt with me anytime. I hunt lakes, rivers and WMAs in and around central Va. I also try to make at least one trip to the Eastern Shore during the season too. I have a 16 ft set up as a floater but use "the heck out of" a steath 1200" if I'm hunting by myself. I use it as a layout boat and it's a killing machine :wink:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby usmc2220 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:25 am

I'm at Quantico, Va right now... I have an Old Town Predator C160 (also a 16 ft canoe) I plan on using... I'd love to hunt with you I just feel bad I don't have a spot I can take you unless you wanna goto Maine sometime? It means a lot so many people offer and I hope to get some hunting in with everyone this year cause it just seems funner when your with someone, just like to be able to repay the favor.
usmc2220
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:35 pm

One tip, think small,& backwater most waterfowlers are thinking big water.....you, that canoe and farm ponds,swamps and streamlike rivers in your area can do some serious damage this fall :thumbsup: I to have a small boat so maybe wecan hook up and "hit the skinny water" :yes:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm

I am in VA for training (since 01 Feb until 15 Jul) but as soon as i am done here I go home to PA.
Molt Gear Society Staff
Anatidae Wingshooting Adventures, LLC Pro-Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Return to Military Forum