Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone want to trade

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  wvboy 
#1 ·
Hey ya all im a United States Marine Drill Instructor and i will have some time this year more than the last three years which i have spent in the sand box im a Machinegunner by trade "Guns UP" and looking to trade some deer hunting and waterfowl hunting in Pike County Illinois for any type of duck or goose hunting i realy want to hunt in north dakota and arkansas i always have room in the pit we flood 40 acres of corn and millet and soy beans well let me know we can also hunt a couple blinds on the river and sand bars we do real good late on honkers out of the boat blind

SEMPER FI

"Always Faithful"

#3 ·
I hit you back with a PM and my number..... if you can get some time away from tose nasty little recruits i'll get you out this fall and show you everything i know about this area!!!

#7 ·
Dont know if you got some time between cycles, but if you want to hunt Quantico this year PM me or if you could get to NC I know a bunch of places I could help you out with. Good luck, hope you get out there I missed that past 2 years being in the Sandbox as well.

Semper Fi

#8 ·
yeah the sand box is everyones favorite place huh?? carrington and i have been in the gulf the past two seasons too..... only got half a season last year!! I take a trip to NC every year myself (good friends in kinston) I may PM you about some ideas or hooking up a hunt if that's ok

Poor grinder is going to be a busy man with all those recruits!!! You know when your brake in cycles is yet..... i hope you can salvage duck season

#11 ·
we hunt pimlico every year for a day or two then the neuse river for a farewell woodie hunt. last year we hired a guide on ocacrok island (spelling??). I killed the pintail i've waited 11 years for but that was all we saw out there. Our guide sucked!!! were talking about that again or bodie island by nags head..... you have any info or guide contacts you could pass along??

#12 ·
hunt-chessies,

I dont have any guide contacts, I've always been big in the do it yourself, I scouted many hot summer days into the fall looking and searching paddling the gamelands and small creeks that often get forgotten about. The Neuse, and Palmico are good but when you think about it everyone knows about them, contact NC Fish and Wildlife ask for the Game Lands book, look through where the impoundments are, and any that have a body of water that dont list an impoundment but looks like it might promise ducks, stay tuned to the weather if its a wet fall then those puddles that link into bigger water could be a honey hole, google has a great satelite image program, it wont show you recent puddles from the rain but looking at the contour lines on satellite images knowing ducks and planning ahead can pay off more than a guide most times. Hope this helps.

Semper Fi,

Aaron

#13 ·
Hello guys I hunt the palimco also, if I can help just Pm me. We stay in oriental NC , I also have friends there!

BTW..... NC is one beautiful state!!

#14 ·
whats up guys...im up around durham now, no longer active just national guard. im a durham county sheriffs deputy now and i reckon that kinda falls into the war zone still haha. but if anyone wants to get together and do some hunting this fall in the first couple splits let me know. i can travel. im headed back to the sand box Dec. 1 and i would like to get a few hunts in before then. If anyone wants to go let me know. Ive been doing some hunting up this way and been starting to see some birds finally.

#15 ·
country boy
I won't be headed your way untill after you leave but if you get to feeling froggy and want to try your hand down here give me a shout.

#16 ·
I am always looking for hunting buddies. I never can find anyone who will follow through with a hunt the always over sleep and make me late or the show up drunk and I wont let them hunt. I guess it is a Marine thing I don't know but I hunt every weekend. if anyone is interested hit me up with a pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.