I give up....

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

I give up....

Postby afman87 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:18 pm

I cant seem to figure out what wrong with my motor so if any one has any knowledge in the matter I really need to pick somebody's brain or if you live near hampton va, I would appreciate a quick look at it.
Thanks
Brandon

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=70092
afman87
hunter

Postby Get You Some » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:02 am

Hey bud, is the engine getting gas? Reason I ask is alot of times carberators will get gummed up in the jets and not deliver fuel. Also another possibility is that you have water in your gas, reason I say this is because of the genious that decided ethanol was good to mix with gas, it attracts moisture IE water.... Just some thoughts....
There is just something about climbing out of bed at four in the morning and Freezing your Kahuna's off that you cant seem to explain to some people-
Get You Some
hunter

Postby wvboy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:28 am

First thing you need to do is see if the spacing on the coils are right. What type of motor is it how many cylinders? If it is more than one and none of the plugs are getting sparks check your ground and magnatism of the flywheel also check make sure the flywheel is not too rusty and that the plug wires are connected. If that is good I would try some used coils you can pick them up for around $15 USED. If that don't do the trick Your switch box maybe bad. there is no way to test one so you will have to buy one. They are hard to find used. A new one for a 25 hp merc is $120 or so. stater could be bad as well. If your flywheel is bad it can cost you depending on what it is. A flywheel for a 25 hp merc is about $100 used. New they are almost $400. Your trigger assy. could cause it too not sure really what that does. I am not an expert but have had enough trouble over the past few years between me and my cousin had some of the same trouble you have and then some. hope i am able to help.
wvboy
hunter

Postby wvboy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 am

I just read the rest of the message on the other page. Try what I told you I tried to put it in order of price. since you don't know really whats wrong with it. It cant be too much different than our 20 and 25 hps.
wvboy
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 am

Brandon,
Did you ever get your motor running? Just got back to land and have internet again so I'm checking through DHC and catching up. Hopefully, you got in on some of the residents in the "Honey Hole"!!
Chris
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckhead79 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:31 am

Yeah, me an duckin around rebuilt his carb, new fuel lines, new plugs, new coil (old one was in real bad shape). Also check the timing. If you dont have the reapir manual, that really helped us with setting the timing. fuel pump as well may be on the frits...
Duckhead79
hunter

Return to Military Forum