Guided Goose Hunts for parapalegic vets.

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Guided Goose Hunts for parapalegic vets.

Postby Goose Trooper » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:25 pm

My name is Grant Hampton, my online name is Goose Trooper. I am speck/snow goose guide from Widener, Ar.

Recently I have shifted my guide service to cater to military personal/families, particually active duty service individuals who are b/t deployments or faced with a pre/post deployment situation that is close at hand with time being an obvious factor. I also wish to make veterans part of this group.

Also recently, brought to my attention by my close friend Roger (whom is a retired navy Seal confined to a wheel chair) that there are a sizeable amount of fellow chair vets who are hunting enthusiast, of these individuals many are avid waterfowlers. But due to the obviouse terain problems (i.e. water, mud) many arent able to enjoy duck/ water goose hunting any moore.

I am embarking on a type of guided hunt that will be geared to keep an individual that is parapalegic dry, comfortable and most importantly "in the action". I have layout blinds, back boards and transportation atvs that have all met the safety criteria set by Mr. Ernest Gray who is the activities director for para vets department for the Memphis V.A. hospital.

I relize that we arent suppossed to advertise on this web site and if my post has ruffled any feathers then so be it, but I felt that since this was the military section of this site that you guys wouldnt mind. For that I thank you.

More importantly, I am attempting to do this as a way of showing sincer apreciation and respect to you who have given so much and ask for so little in return.

I charge only a minimal fee, so as to cover the day rent of our hunting field and the fuel cost.

If anyone reading this is interest they need to call 1-662-425-4980, which is the V.A. parapalegic event coordinating office and they will set you up.
Grant Tyler Hampton
Goose Trooper
hunter

Postby CountryboyNC » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:34 pm

hey man, thanks for what you do. I seriously doubt there is anyone here who is going to get upset by what you are doing. We appreciate it man.
Livin' Life to it's Fullest...
CountryboyNC
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Seeing that the VA has a hand in this, I don't see a problem here. I will consult the T&C of this forum. I want to thank you for thinking of & accually doing something for our brave warriors, so many talk the talk & so few ever come through.
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Thanx guys

Postby Goose Trooper » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Thank you.
Goose Trooper
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:25 pm

That's a really cool thing your doing!!!! I know if it was me that lost my ability to get into the blind something like this would bring me to tears!!!

PM coming your way also.......
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby k9horseluvr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:25 am

Glad to hear about what you are doing! That is great and I am so glad that the VA is getting behind worthwhile activities. It was said earlier and I totally agree.....many talk the talk, but few walk the walk....Thank You far all that you do and Good Luck. If you ever need anything, do not hesitate to ask.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby Belly up dux » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:49 pm

God bless you for making a great effort to remember those who aren't as able as some of us. :thumbsup:
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Return to Military Forum