First post

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

First post

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Never visited this forum of DHC before and wanted to see what is going on here. My background is 10 years US Navy, Uss Jesse L. Brown FF1089 out of Charleston. And Machias Maine at the VLF site talking to the subs. Rode the Tinosa(spelling?) Fast attack sub for a couple of weeks and most of our missions on the ship were durg ops. Got out in 1996 and sure miss it at times. There is no other teamwork I have ever seen that can compare to the days on a ship out to sea. I Would love to be at sea again for a few weeks just to get away and refresh some old memories. I was an ET2(sw) (crypto, radio and Radar tech) when I got out, There was really no room for advancement for us ET's at that time and I was tired of Moving every 4 years. Did a lot of hunting on the base in Cutler and in the bays surrounding the transmitter island. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby k9horseluvr » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:49 am

In Navy speak...Welcome Aboard Shipmate! Thank You for your service and glad to see you found this forum. Got alot of good guys on here. I'm currently deployed AD Navy. I know what you mean about the teamwork. This is a great job and I've met alot of great people and some of my best friends in the world. I definitely think about that day when I'm retired and don't have this family around me on a regular basis. Anyway....hope the hunting is good this year and shoot one for me!

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Return to Military Forum