Can you hunt on base?

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Can you hunt on base?

Postby Morgan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:22 am

Im at Barksdale AFB and we have a great hunting area on base. I was just wondering what other bases, posts you can hunt on?
Golden Retrievers make the best bird dogs
Morgan
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 am

When I was at lejeune they didn't allow it.

The Marines are retarded when it comes to personel guns. They teach us to use all kinds of high weaponry and even sell guns on base. But it's pretty much forbidden to actually want to use a personel weapon. NC is an open carry state for everyone BUT Marines.
devildog28
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Warner Robins, Ga you could I think you can in Little Rock/Jacksonville, Ark. And here in Elmendorf Ak you can. There's quite a few that do allow it but it usually a pain to check in and out and you tend to run into people pretty easy if you walk and keeping people away from you and not push game is rough too if your hunting on a small base.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby USMCDUCKS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:27 pm

you can hunt on camp pendleton and you can at mcas beaufort and on parris island.

the only place i have been that didnt allow it was MCAGCC 29 palms
Semper Fi
Sgt Loeper
USMCDUCKS
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 am

There's hunting at Dam Neck/Oceana, Yorktown/Cheatham Annex, Ft Eustis, MCB Quantico, Northwest Annex, etc. Most bases in VA allow hunting of some sort.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby marshstalker83 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:47 pm

pretty much all army posts allow hunting.
marshstalker83
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:10 pm

x
Last edited by goodkarmarising on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby steelslinger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:56 pm

devildog28 wrote:When I was at lejeune they didn't allow it.

The Marines are retarded when it comes to personel guns. They teach us to use all kinds of high weaponry and even sell guns on base. But it's pretty much forbidden to actually want to use a personel weapon. NC is an open carry state for everyone BUT Marines.

Most definitely can hunt on Lejeune now, and have been able to for a while, every base I have been on with the exception of Hawaii, and Okinawa allows hunting. Most bases require you to get a base permit along with any other state regulated license. It will usually run between 15-25 bucks. Some of the best hunting can be found on bases because of the limited exposure to other hunters. Some base allow everyone to hunt and some bases like Lejeune only allow Active duty and retired, unless the civilian is sponsored by one of the two. So pressure can be light on some installations.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby devildog28 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:57 pm

steelslinger wrote:
devildog28 wrote:When I was at lejeune they didn't allow it.

Most definitely can hunt on Lejeune now, and have been able to for a while, every base I have been on with the exception of Hawaii, and Okinawa allows hunting. Most bases require you to get a base permit along with any other state regulated license. It will usually run between 15-25 bucks. Some of the best hunting can be found on bases because of the limited exposure to other hunters. Some base allow everyone to hunt and some bases like Lejeune only allow Active duty and retired, unless the civilian is sponsored by one of the two. So pressure can be light on some installations.

I tried to and was told a resounding NO! It sucks because my barracks was right next to the marsh :mad: Coulda just slipped in a boat and went just a little ways to blast them :rofl:
devildog28
hunter

Re: Can you hunt on base?

Postby QUACK3XS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 am

Some good hunting on Ft Eustis :thumbsup:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby Jred » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:42 am

NAS Patuxent River in Southern Maryland has got some of the best hunting around the area!
The function of the Navy is to take the fight to the enemy so that it will not be fought on our soil.

-FADM Chester Nimitz
Jred
hunter

Postby dogsbestfriend2 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 pm

NAS Whidbey Island, Pt. Magu and Ft Lewis you are able. NAS Whidbey even has a state pheasant release 3 times a week during the season.
2008/2009 Tally
Hunts 18
Ducks 86
Widgeon 34
Pintail 8
Gadwall 10
Mallards 13
Spoony 2
Ruddy 1
GW Teal 4
Bufflehead 9
BlueBills 4