Getting weak

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Getting weak

Postby USMCDUCKS » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:48 pm

All this is BS all these damn people cryin to their mommys about people cussing and cant take what the military is. if we were a bunch of freaking wussies. if you cant take getting called a boot and you want to go cry to the chain of command about your being hazed by being called a boot and getting good marines busted down GET THE FREAK OUT all this is making me so mad is it this bad where your at now
Semper Fi
Sgt Loeper
USMCDUCKS
hunter

Re: Getting weak

Postby MIKE J. » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:03 pm

I agree, ALOT has changed in the 27 years since I joined. Makes it tough to motivate a less than stella individual to get dressed properly never mind be relied upon under fire :sad: .

Someone files a greivance because of cussing then the same person will be watching "R" rated movies all night and have no issues :huh:

a small portion of the hazing I have witnessed was more for the entertainment of others and not to correct a screwup or situation that could have gone bad real quick, Those have no place in the military anymore, But we need to have some latitude in how we lead, not necessarily with an iron fist but surely a firm one.

What prompted this post if I may ask?

Mike
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby USMCDUCKS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:27 am

MIKE J. wrote:
What prompted this post if I may ask?

Mike

Just some of the incodents that have happened in the past and some that are still happening here now.
Semper Fi
Sgt Loeper
USMCDUCKS
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:55 pm

USMCDUCKS wrote:All this is BS all these damn people cryin to their mommys about people cussing and cant take what the military is. if we were a bunch of freaking wussies. if you cant take getting called a boot and you want to go cry to the chain of command about your being hazed by being called a boot and getting good marines busted down GET THE FREAK OUT all this is making me so mad is it this bad where your at now

At ease your mouth and go scrub the deck, boot :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

On a serious note the worst thing I came across was at 8th and I we had a black Marine that was always looking for a way out of duty. Well one day the SOG put him on the duty roster because another Marine was sick or had something that precluded him from, so he decided to pull the race card and accuse him and the entire company of being racist. Well the other SOG who was black put his ass on post anyways :thumbsup: But we all got to sit in a 2 hour long seminar about diversity :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And all because he didn't want to stand post. "Surprisingly" :rolleyes: he is now a deserter.
devildog28
hunter

Postby blineman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:26 am

Kind of scary isnt it. When I was in the Army all the DIs had swag sticks, they used them and no one formed into a turd ball wheeping like a little girl. I understand they have a card given to them in boot camp, its called a STRESS card, if they are getting there ass chewed they can pull out this card and it stops.

I guess if they ever get in combat that card will make a great target.

Its a good thing that guy went UA saves the unit a bar of soap and a good sock I guess.

Jump school has changed , they get time off now, I sure hope Ranger , SF, and SOGs training is the same.

Iam sure that the ones that get passed all the sissys make great Marines. There are a lot more good ones than bad,Look to them USMCDUCKS, look to them and spend your time working with the good ones, make them better.
Honkers 2

A Dumb Ass is someone that tries something, that will not work, change nothing, and expect differnt results.
blineman
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:45 pm

blineman wrote:Kind of scary isnt it. When I was in the Army all the DIs had swag sticks, they used them and no one formed into a turd ball wheeping like a little girl. I understand they have a card given to them in boot camp, its called a STRESS card, if they are getting there ass chewed they can pull out this card and it stops.

I guess if they ever get in combat that card will make a great target.

Its a good thing that guy went UA saves the unit a bar of soap and a good sock I guess.

Jump school has changed , they get time off now, I sure hope Ranger , SF, and SOGs training is the same.

Iam sure that the ones that get passed all the sissys make great Marines. There are a lot more good ones than bad,Look to them USMCDUCKS, look to them and spend your time working with the good ones, make them better.

Sorry bud but I gotta pull the Snopes "card" about the stress card things.
http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp
devildog28
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 pm

I've got to agree with Blineman....there are a lot of good soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, coasties out there. They far outnumber the slackers you speak of. Mold them and show them how things are really supposed to be. However, do not push those slackers to the side. Be fair with them but push them to do their best. You won't save them all but some of them will turn into some of the best you have. Don't get discouraged, just do your part to carry on the traditions.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Its just this damn generation. Unless you find some kid that was raised up hard and right you ain't gonna find one that isn't a panzy. I don't care I will and have put my foot up a many of arses. If it comes down to your life or mine and you want to cry about it bye bye buddy. To many kids these days enter the military for the wrong reason then once they get here they realize what has happened and start pulling "cards". Every time I go to the sand box I have to prepare kids mind sets, one way or the other you will be prepare and you will not fail. Go cry to your mommy or upper management but push come to shove your with me.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blineman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Redneck, when I was in if I had a person that didnt show any sign of wanting it I did my best to get there arses out. I just didnt want to take one little chance this no load would crumble into a quivering little ball of poop and get a good person killed.
Honkers 2

A Dumb Ass is someone that tries something, that will not work, change nothing, and expect differnt results.
blineman
hunter

Postby wvboy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 am

I can tell you how weak the Corp is getting. We had three guys go see the " wizard " in Iraq and get slips that said they did not have to go on anymore combat missions. What did they join for if they are too weak for combat. That is something that I blame recruiters and DI's for they should have been weeded out long before we got in country. I came in just after the corp went digital. When I got to the fleet my Sgt's called me a " digital warrior " and that I was newer softer Marine Corp. I didn't think so but as I progressed through my time in I noticed it in the boots that I had to train. Now we are turning from the few the proud to the few and the average. Now it is hazing to call a Marine a devil dog.*** Is that not part of our long and proud traditions. A boot can make anything hazing. That is why I have chosen to get out. If stay in there is a good chance I will get busted down for something stupid. I have seen it happen too many times. It is to the point where I am afraid to yell at someonefor fear of NJP. This whole things got me worked up. Something has got to give. When the corp is hard again I will come back in gut until then I will just duck hunt in the 1st civ div.
wvboy
hunter

Postby blineman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Damn devildog, you keep blowing me out of the water, you sank my battleship , Iam pulling the little pink girlie card now. :yes:

My info came from a kid that was in my sons unit in Iraq. I guess I had better check it out a little more. :lol3:

Every thing is going to hell in a handbaskett , I think I will just go fishing and if they start comming over here to do us harm I will go into the hills and pick as many of them off as I can before they get me. One thing is for sure I will fight as long as this old man can. :thumbsup:
Honkers 2

blineman
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Don't take if personal blineman, I like a little humor.

And when the liberals need to be stomped out you can be in my fighting hole manning the grease gun, musket or whatever the hell you used :biggrin: My problem is that I thought war was fun and got bored when the fighting stopped :sad:

As far as hazing goes, we had ways around that like "boxing days" Pretty much was an excuse to beat the crap out of the turds that needed it :thumbsup:
devildog28
hunter

Postby blineman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 am

When that time comes I will be right next to you in that hole , I prefer my Remington .308, Been shooting it many years and know where the round will strike

I dont worry about your rebuttles on my posts, I prefer knowing the truth about things.
Honkers 2

blineman
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:18 pm

DD what unit did you deploy with?
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 pm

FITZH2O wrote:DD what unit did you deploy with?

2/8 G
devildog28
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm

My brother went on a MEU with them. I gotta couple good buddies that hail from 2/8. I think the only ones that think "hazing" is a bad idea are the political highers and the screw ups. Don't get me wrong some people have done some jacked up crap in the past and the knee jerk response from those incedents has only snow balled into a crop of weak NCO's. I got see it today running a CFT for 1/2. :no:
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:52 am

FITZH2O wrote:My brother went on a MEU with them. I gotta couple good buddies that hail from 2/8. I think the only ones that think "hazing" is a bad idea are the political highers and the screw ups. Don't get me wrong some people have done some jacked up crap in the past and the knee jerk response from those incedents has only snow balled into a crop of weak NCO's. I got see it today running a CFT for 1/2. :no:

We weren't weak a few years ago when I was with them. No abuse took place, but if someone got out of line we straightened them out in way that they remembered.
devildog28
hunter

Postby USMCDUCKS » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:17 pm

its very true. there are a bunch of weak NCO's I am doing every thing i can do to get back in to the fleet or just to get out of the **** Bag residence of WFTBn East. i hope i can get out soon waiting on the monitor to get back where some real marines are and i can actually do a job that is worth a crap. i miss 29 palms
Semper Fi
Sgt Loeper
USMCDUCKS
hunter

Postby westergreen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:21 am

im not shure where this stress card thing came from. I went through osut in the army and no stress cards. this was a couple years ago but i know they do not give out stress cards. that is gay if they do but im shure they dont. i dont see why people are whining about our military. We all fight for the same thing.
frag out
westergreen
hunter

Postby waterfowl slammer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:34 am

Hey, they used the stress card for 2 years I think it was in '02-'03 and during that time there were more babys coming from boot camp. I had a guy assigned to me and he tried it 1 time. Also I found that cussing them out didnt make a difference in their screw ups. My guys got corrective training. I would have them gear up take them out and find a good hill they had to low crawl down to the designated spot and back up by time they got to the top problem was solved. I never had to do remedial training after that. But when they kept things on the money I made sure they where rewarded. I still talk to those guys and they all say the same thing, they would go anywhere I went.
waterfowl slammer
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 am

Soldiers, Sailor, Airmen, and Marines,
Each and every one of you in some way is right. I have been active for 13 years and some change now. I came into the Army a PFC due to college level ROTC. When I got to my first unit, I stood at parade rest for another PFC who had been in the unit longer than me. It was pretty much that way across the board. NOW, you're lucky (if you are a WEAK NCO) if your soldiers stand at parade rest for you coming from AIT. I have had a few try it with me, and it took approximately 7 words before they realized that they better lock it up. Those words? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR GD MIND?? About the STRESS CARD. Back in the day when you still had red, amber, and green cycles, I had a red cycle tasking at a gym on Ft Sill. I was walking past the cardio stage doing police call, and looked down and saw one of the stress cards. I kept walking, got into a hallway, and looked at my surroundings for cameras or anything out of place. I thought they were trying to do a "candid camera" type thing. I'm currently deployed in support of Iraqi Freedom. The 10th Mountain Division has what they call "Mountain Time". All non mission essential personnel now get SUNDAY OFF. If you happen to be mission essential, your Sunday is substituted for a day you can take off. When they say war is hell, believe it.....LOL.... :fingerhead:
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
DUCK COMMANDER "DUCKAHOLICS" MILITARY MEMBER
REFUGE RAT MILITARY MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Return to Military Forum