Lameduck, dito to what 1fowlHNTR said. He has great insight.
You and your wife are to be commended. On behalf of all of us over here, thank you.
Just a note, letters from here are mailed with no postage necessary. So please save your money on the pre-stamped envelopes. The envelopes can still come in handy though.
In addition to the things 1fowlHNTR suggested, here's some of the things I've asked my wife to send me, so I think I can assume others would need:
* Most any personal hygiene for males and females is great. We are always running out of that. Bath soaps, hair shampoo, under arm deoderant, razors, etc. There is plenty in the local PX's for us to buy, but our lower ranking Soldiers making less money could use all the help we can give them so they don' thave to spend their own money in a PX.
* Foot powder is always good
* Sun block (we have a lot of sun here)
* Small packets of flavoring you add to water. We drink a lot of water here. Sometimes mixing in the flavoring makes it a little better. The packets for the one quart size containers is perfect.
* I asked my wife for low cal snacks (that won' t melt). Nuts, trail mix, stuff like that.
That's about all I've asked for. Most everything else is provided for us here.
In closing, again thank you for keeping us in your minds and prayers.
Maybe someday we'll all be home. Until then, we'll do all we can to ensure you're safe in yours!
"I see dead birds flying"