Turkey Recipes

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Turkey Recipes

Postby goosetalker18 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 am

Well Turkey season is only 3 months away now. I am looking for some recipes to make those wild birds taste good. It seams like they always taste so dry. I would be willing to try any recipes. Thanks Mike
goosetalker18
hunter

Re: Turkey Recipes

Postby vandeman17 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 pm

My favorite recipe which is pretty simple as well is to just baste the bird in a garlic butter spread. I let that soak in for a while, then I usually shove so apple and orange wedges inside the bird, sometimes some onion and just cook it like an normal thanksgiving bird. It adds flavor to it but not so much that you can't taste the natural flavor either.
"Coming right at us! A pair of singles!"
vandeman17
hunter

Re: Turkey Recipes

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 am

My favorite turkey recipe is fried turkey breasts. Breast out the bird and cut the breasts into small "tender size pieces". Dip it in a milk and egg wash, then put it in your favorite seasoned flour mixture and fry it. Its almost as good as it gets and I prefer fried turkey breasts to chicken tenders.

As for the legs, i normally boil the crap out of them, a few hours on a stove top or about half an hour in a pressure cooker. Let it cool, pull the meat off the bone, then use them in a gumbo. I have a friend whose mom makes Turkey Salad with the legs after putting them in the pressure cooker, but I don't have that recipe.

I don't normally roast the whole bird b/c I don't like plucking birds.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum