Hevi 13 Magnum Blend

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Hevi 13 Magnum Blend

Postby greyson1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Looks like Hevi has finally come around to loading a 5x6x7 Hevi13 duplex turkey load after all. I've had great success shooting the Nitro Co. hevi-duplex loads in the past. With the Hevi version being a lower price & also having a rebate, it will be interesting to see if they compare in quality & performance.
"Can't never did anything! So don't listen to them... They wouldn't know good owl manure if they were standing in it!"
Arthur J. VerStraete (1920-2009)
greyson1
hunter

Re: Hevi 13 Magnum Blend

Postby das mudhen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:18 pm

It's on back-order from Cabela's, but I'll post up results when I get a chance to test it. MB is a bit faster, so it might pattern a bit differently than other H-13 loads.

I love the H-13 #6's, so I hope the new Magnum Blend patterns well!

das mudhen
"Lighten up Francis"

Sgt. Hulka
das mudhen
hunter

Postby Uncle Jesse » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 am

I saw a pic of one that was cut open on the nwtf forum and it looked like the shot was all the same size.
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby Sniper John » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 pm

What is the advantage of a tri-plex load with similar size shot compared to a load with one size shot? Expecially what is the advantage when you are shooting extra full at a stationary target such as a turkey head? Sounds cool, but not sure I understand the benefit. Fill me in please.
Sniper John
hunter

Postby greyson1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Uncle Jesse wrote:I saw a pic of one that was cut open on the nwtf forum and it looked like the shot was all the same size.

I saw the same pics but others are reporting different.
Did you see the awesome looking mag blend pattern pic that Clark put up?
"Can't never did anything! So don't listen to them... They wouldn't know good owl manure if they were standing in it!"
Arthur J. VerStraete (1920-2009)
greyson1
hunter

Postby das mudhen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 am

JvT wrote:What is the advantage of a tri-plex load with similar size shot compared to a load with one size shot? Expecially what is the advantage when you are shooting extra full at a stationary target such as a turkey head? Sounds cool, but not sure I understand the benefit. Fill me in please.

The theory is that the larger pellets, 5's, will retain more energy downrange, and therefore offer more knockdown power than smaller pellets.

The smaller pellets, 7's, being smaller, are supposed to fill in the pattern, which is considered a downfall of the larger pellets.

The theory is sound, and seems to work well for places like Nitro, but if the pellets in the MB are really all almost the same size as some say, it might not play out on paper.

I've patterened a few MB, but not on big white sheets of paper, so I don't really have much of an opinion on if their theory works.

I am very happy with the H-13 6's I shoot though!

das mudhen
"Lighten up Francis"

Sgt. Hulka
das mudhen
hunter

Postby Uncle Jesse » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 am

greyson1 wrote:Did you see the awesome looking mag blend pattern pic that Clark put up?

Didn't see that one.
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:29 pm

I dont really think I want a tighter pattern than I get with hevi shot #6, I sure as heck dont need it.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Heavy 13 3 1/2" 12ga. 2 1/4 oz. load #6's at 60 yards-9 pellets in the skull and spine, 27 in the head and neck.. :eek: :thumbsup:
Yea-I'd say the stuff is awesome!! :yes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum