Turkey choke??

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Turkey choke??

Postby teamroughneck » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 pm

What is the smallest bore turkey chokes for a mossberg 500 accu-choke. I cant seem to find a bore number on the chokes from mossberg. I am wanting to find the smallest bore possible, I know alot of you will say it is unnecessary but I am also wanting this choke for turkey shoots as well so the tightest pattern possible is what i need
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Re: Turkey choke??

Postby killerv » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 am

teamroughneck wrote:What is the smallest bore turkey chokes for a mossberg 500 accu-choke. I cant seem to find a bore number on the chokes from mossberg. I am wanting to find the smallest bore possible, I know alot of you will say it is unnecessary but I am also wanting this choke for turkey shoots as well so the tightest pattern possible is what i need

If you want, give Charlie a call at comp-n-choke. He is a super nice guy and he'll probably know off the top of his head. Even if you don't decide to get a choke from him, he'll definitely steer you in the right direction.
killerv
hunter

Postby Uncle Jesse » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:07 am

Carlson's shows a 640 on their website. Not sure if you'd find much tighter than that.
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 pm

I shoot a .655 Primos Jelly Head and itll about rip the head off a turkey at close range...Its wicked tight.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby Kurt Lehman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:46 pm

You will probably need two chokes to do what you are asking, the card shooting chokes (.640-.650) are recomended for small lead shot only and usually will not pattern 6 or larger shot due to blown patterns. I would look into any of the top brands and give them a call. Start with one of these Company's; Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Rino, Primos Jelly Head, Carlsons, Trulock and
Comp-N-Choke/Kicks. If you want to win some money it is very hard to beat the 835 with a 26" barrel polished to a mirror finish. Go over to OldGobbler.com and you will get more info than your brain can absorb :grooving:

Kurt
Kurt Lehman
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum