Missing the hunting season.....again

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Missing the hunting season.....again

Postby looney4labs » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:29 am

So over the last three years now I have been cut short on the Minnesota hunting seasons due to repeated deployments overseas. Anyone want to guess where I am right now!? I'll give ya a hint...it's hot and my days consist of dreaming about the hunting I should be doing right now. I think you guys get the idea. Currently I am a contractor though and I am here on my own free will so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

Anyways I'll be home for a month break in December and I'll be getting my Labs back out in the field during a southwest MN pheasant hunt. Not nearly enough time to hunt to truly fill a lab's drive to hunt unfortunately.

Needless to say 2011 is going to be a big year for me for hunting. I'm looking to do some more out of state hunting and for starters I was looking at a spring turkey hunt possibly in CO. I am just looking for some info that I can't seem to locate over the net so I figured I'd see if some other fellow hunters might be able to shed some light on this topic.

My biggest issue I am wondering about is obtaining a license. From what I have come up with it is common to be able to purchase an over the counter license? Correct me if I am wrong. If so are the OTC licenses restricted to certain dates and areas? I would guess yes but figured I would ask. Sorry if this info is easily obtainable online but certain websites don’t seem to want to cooperate with me here in Iraq. Maybe someone would be kind enough to fill me in.

Thanks guys
looney4labs
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum