Sacramento Area losing a hunting spot!!!!!!!!

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Sacramento Area losing a hunting spot!!!!!!!!

Postby kyle916 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Help guys!

my buddy and I went to go and shoot some trap at some BLM property we go to. There were signs posted everywhere that “discharging of firearms is temporarily prohibited”. This was a total shock; I had never seen this before. We called the BLM office to find out what was going on; they said that some neighbors had complained, and that use of the land for hunting and shooting might go away forever because of this. The property is 695 acres set back behind the Folsom lake area off deer valley road. Every property around there is huge and this complaint from a few of the neighbors is ridiculous.
Hunting and target shooting on BLM land is perfectly legal. It’s great land for us to take our kids and buddies who enjoy the things we do. So why I am telling you? As a fellow hunter and outdoorsman I need your help. I think this spot should be kept as it is, legal to hunt and shoot. However, because some neighbors complain who live miles away makes me angry. They have no right to dictate the use of that land. This is a great spot to hunt turkey, deer and go target shooting. It’s secluded in the foothills, miles from anything. It’s close and free to the public yet not many people know about it.
There is a public meeting scheduled for this Thursday. It’s short notice I know, but I just found out about it myself. At the meeting the public will be able to talk with those at the BLM in an open forum and discuss the use of the land. I encourage you to go if possible. If you can’t, please take a minuet and send an email to the BLM or call the office and let them know you want this land to remain open to hunters. Hunters have rights too! This land is for everyone to use, and we as tax payers bought this land for this purpose. Here is all the contact info for the meeting and the BLM. Please tell all those you know who have an interest in the outdoors to support this! Send this email or your own to everyone today!

Thanks!!!!

Kyle

Meeting:
Date: October 7, 2010
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Rescue Union School District Board Room, (behind Green Valley Elementary School)
Address: 2380 Bass Lake Road, Rescue, CA Contact: Lauren Fety, 916-941-3133 or David Christy, 916-941-3146

Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-1623
Sacramento, CA 95825-1886
Phone: (916) 978-4400
Fax: (916) 978-4416

Or

Bureau of Land Management
Mother Lode Field Office
5152 Hillsdale Circle
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Phone: (916) 941-3101
Fax: (916) 941-3199

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/folsom.html
NRA Life Member
CWA Member
DU Member
kyle916
hunter

Re: Sacramento Area losing a hunting spot!!!!!!!!

Postby kyle916 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:11 pm

update: the land is called the Kanaka Valley (forgot the say that before). the land is still under review and they are still having public meetings. please contact the BLM and let them know you want this land open to hunters! it's a great spot to get a trophy tom.
NRA Life Member
CWA Member
DU Member
kyle916
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum