Whats the best production call on the market?

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Whats the best production call on the market?

Postby allnighter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:02 am

I wanted to see your opinion on the subject of the top production box calls. I usually only use the box for a locator call, but the one I have is in its 3-4 generation of use. To I wont to give it back to my dad before I find a way to brake it. I have a $25 card to bass pro so I figured i would put it toward a new box call. By the way the call I have now is a Lynch World Champion so by opinion is to go with another Lynch, but wanted other opinions. Thanks
allnighter
hunter

Re: Whats the best production call on the market?

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 am

Where I hunt, the Lynch Fool proof is hard to beat for a box call. I also carry an old slate call, HS cuttin 2.5, A push button call, and my go to call a Mad Aluminizer. I also have three strikers for different sounds. In addition I have a drawer full of different calls for those weird birds. I would definitely keep a simple slate call with me, they kill alot of birds here, and they work wet.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:11 pm

tucker301
hunter

Postby allnighter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 pm

A slate is my favorite call then a mouth call but, I always like having a box with me because you never know what will work for them on what day. When Im on the box usually in locating birds early or if its windy.
allnighter
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:48 pm

allnighter wrote:A slate is my favorite call then a mouth call but, I always like having a box with me because you never know what will work for them on what day. When Im on the box usually in locating birds early or if its windy.

I'm not afraid to use a box or friction call anytime. You can make some pretty sweet purrs, clucks, and yelps with a box and do it softly as well as loud. A lot of people consider the box as beginner call but in fact it can do anything a turkey can do! Bottom line when the turkey hears the sound they like they will tell you! Wish season would hurry up and get here, we still have a month to wait. :sad:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby allnighter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:25 am

We have a week and a half. :biggrin:
allnighter
hunter

Postby Indawoods » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Legacy Premium Game Calls "The Bounty Hunter"

You will not be sorry, if you can find one. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby Mallard Cutter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm

For a box call .... Heartbreaker. really good call.
Mallard Cutter
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:31 am

I am a big fan of Lynch calls because I learned to call on a Lynch 101,I have both a Championship and the 101 I learned on in "78",my 101 goes out in my vest everytime I go out,but sometimes it never even gets used,but if you learned on a Championship,I would go with a similiar call,check into something that is waterproof for those damp dewy mornings where you do not have to worry about protecting the box call from getting wet! With the 101 that I learned on I always go for one sided calls now,because of learning on the 101,but my go too call is a Primos Crystal Freak,It is a great sounding call and is easy to work with one hand,I would check that out! I know you are looking for box call advice,so my suggestion would be a Down-N-Dirty's Shadow of Death,it is a mini boat paddle,and has really good sound,or the Double Box Cutter by Primos because it is similar to the Lynch Champion with double sided and with lenght and hieght,feel close to the same as a Championship!Quacker Boy Hurricane is a really good box call,no chalk,no sanding,and is waterproof,needs nothing,just work it,sound quality is all in the tuning and it is also in what you like for sound,we all have an idea of what a call should sound like and when we try them we hit a few strokes and we put the call down saying we like it or do not like it,what we do not do is look to see if it can be adjusted to our style of calling,you need to really get out and try a bunch of different calls,and make sure they have room for tuning! Call has to feel good in you hand!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5