Wisconsin's sixth season finish

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Wisconsin's sixth season finish

Postby Pete-pec » Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 am

Last of my three tags. I personally went three for three this year. It's the first time I bought two over the counter tags in Wisconsin, along with my regular draw. This bird was an oddity for darn sure. He couldn't have weighed more than a jake? He had an 11 inch beard, 1 inch spurs, so I'll assume it was a three year old, but it suffered from dwarfism. It had proportionate dimensions with exception of its wings and breast which were extremely small. Our typical weights of toms are 20 to 24 pounds, but this fell short, and weighed around 15 pounds? Its crop was full of green seed corn recently planted.

The season was pretty successful for Wisconsin. I'm no Pat Pitt, or Duxrus, but for Wisconsin, six for six (including my Son's two birds and a friend's first bird) would be considered a good season. I think statistically the success rate for the state is around 27%.
Attachments
three for three.jpg
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Wisconsin's sixth season finish

Postby duxrus » Sat May 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Congrats :clapping:

One of my best beards came from a `14.5 pounder on the last week of our season way back when. I chalked his small size to just having been chasing the ladies too much to eat :lol3:
duxrus
hunter

Re: Wisconsin's sixth season finish

Postby mayhem96 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Very nice!
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum