Took a stud with the "Litlle Monster"

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Took a stud with the "Litlle Monster"

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey guys. Thought I'd post up a pic or 2 of the bird that I took this past April 30th. I'm a mod over on Chris's other site, Turkey Hunting Chat and gotta say the site is comming along nicely and we have had a ball getting her up and running! 22#, 5 oz, thick, double beards; top 10", bottom 9" and sharp, wicked upward and outward curving spurs measuring 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" He is my best PA bird in 27 seasons. The "Little Monster" in the title is my Rem. 870 youth 20 guage I tuned up as a dedicated turkey slayer this spring. She'll put up numbers with Hevi Shot and the Fed. Heavy Weights most guys would like to see in their 12 guages. This guy ate a 1 1/2 ounce load of #7 Heavyweights at 35 yards and never even flopped. There were around 15+ pelletes in his head and neack alone and any pellets in the bottom of the pattern either passed through, breaking bones and the off side wing on the way through or were found resting just under the skin on the off side.
Attachments
hooks.jpg
big boy.jpg
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum