Hevi Shot Rebates and NEW Mag Blend Loads

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Hevi Shot Rebates and NEW Mag Blend Loads

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:50 am

Hey all, as Turkey seasons get closer just wanted to give you a heads up that the Hevi Shot rebates are available for Hevi 13 and Hevi Shot Mag Blend. $10.00 off per box, up to $20.00 bucks.

Rebate form here: http://www.hevishot.com/images/stories/_Rebates/2013/2013HEVI-13Turkeyrebate.pdf

Also...

New to the Magnum Blend line, Reduced Recoil Magnum Blend will be offered in 12 gauge 3” 1-1/2 oz 1150 fps 5,6,7 and in 20 gauge 3” 1 oz 1150 fps 5,6,7.

Magnum Blend shells up your odds on a big Tom by using their Pattern Density Technology with a mixture of size 5, 6 and 7 in the same shell. Upon ignition the 7’s will open up and clear any Tom in its path up to 35 yards.

That’s where those 6’s kick in and they take out those unlucky Tom’s up to 55 yards. The 5’s will go even farther than that but at that distance we recommend calling them in a little closer to give ole Tom a chance.
rebelcj7
hunter

Re: Hevi Shot Rebates and NEW Mag Blend Loads

Postby dsm16428 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Wussa matter? Didn't want ole wingseeker, aka, "spammous proliferous" to post this up??!! :fingerhead: And the claim to 75 yards? E.M. should be ashamed of themselves for even considering promoting unethical shots like that. :no:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby rebelcj7 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Jus passing along the info. :beer:
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:16 pm

rebelcj7 wrote:
New to the Magnum Blend line, Reduced Recoil Magnum Blend will be offered in 12 gauge 3” 1-1/2 oz 1150 fps 5,6,7 and in 20 gauge 3” 1 oz 1150 fps 5,6,7.

[
Magnum Blend shells up your odds on a big Tom by using their Pattern Density Technology with a mixture of size 5, 6 and 7 in the same shell. Upon ignition the 7’s will open up and clear any Tom in its path up to 35 yards.

That’s where those 6’s kick in and they take out those unlucky Tom’s up to 55 yards. The 5’s will go even farther than that but at that distance we recommend calling them in a little closer to give ole Tom a chance.

What a joke.. Reduced recoil loads.. I am sure that 20 gauge load with 1oz will not hold further than a lead load in the 20 35 max..

And a bigger joke is the mag blend description.. You provide the shells, I will use calipers and measure at your distances to ensure the fringe is made up of 7s, the middle circle 6s and the inner core 5s..
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm

The magnum blends are no joke they are one bad to the bone shell. As for the reduced recoil ones idk about that. But i have patterned idk how many different loads and these were by far the best. They cover up a target at 60 yards with my choke, i wouldnt shoot that far but they can defiantly do it no problem. The number 7's really do open up as soon as they leave the barrel which means no more shooting baseballs at turkeys within 15 yds. I shoot the 3 inch shells. The reason they made the reduced recoil shell is because these shells punch back like nobody's business. To me it isnt a problem, its not like your duck hunting but they do kick harder than any shell i have shot. Well worth the money, if you haven't tried them, buy some :hammer:
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:58 pm

callumcuffumkillum wrote:The magnum blends are no joke they are one bad to the bone shell. As for the reduced recoil ones idk about that. But i have patterned idk how many different loads and these were by far the best. They cover up a target at 60 yards with my choke, i wouldnt shoot that far but they can defiantly do it no problem. The number 7's really do open up as soon as they leave the barrel which means no more shooting baseballs at turkeys within 15 yds. I shoot the 3 inch shells. The reason they made the reduced recoil shell is because these shells punch back like nobody's business. To me it isnt a problem, its not like your duck hunting but they do kick harder than any shell i have shot. Well worth the money, if you haven't tried them, buy some :hammer:

The 7's really open up as soon as they leave the barrel huh??? At 40 yards I straight up CHALLENGE you to get a better, more dense and even pattern than this one with the Mag Blends. :hammer: Don't get me wrong either. I shot the Mag Blends and have a stock of about 75 rounds of the 3" and 3.5" each and have totally wrecked some tukeys with them, but the "logic" of thinking that each separate pellet will pattern and perform differently like E.M. claims is simply ludicrous, false and imo irresponsible. The number of progressively larger pellets, of which NOBODY knows the ratio that's loaded into each shell, will pattern exponentially thinner and thinner every yard past 40 yards, until you might sure have some 5's in the load that'll have the energy to kill at 75 yards as E.M. claims, but you certainly will not have enough of them to RELIABLY do the job. :fingerhead:
Attachments
pattern 2 .jpg
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
dsm16428
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:49 pm

I patterned my gun at 10 yds with the mag blend loads along with several other high end shells. The Mag blend shells had the largest pattern at 10 yds along with the best pattern at 40 and 60. I don't mean your gonna get a 30 inch pattern at close range but the mag blend loads do open up quicker than other shells with my setup. But none of this really matters, the times you have a gobbler sneak in to 10 yds before getting a shot a far and few between. Fact is mag blend are bar none the best turkey loads on the market and i dont know how they could be topped. I actually did kill a gobbler at 73 yds with these shells. Before everybody freaks out, my buddy shot the turkey at 20 yds and knocked him down with a wing shot. The turkey got up and thats when i shot him at 73 yds running away. I would never shoot at that distance unless it was a wounded bird. It did prove further more that these shells are awesome! And i was shooting 3" shells, no need to take the blow of a 3 1/2" when you got these in the chamber :hammer:
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Postby woodysniper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

But none of this really matters, the times you have a gobbler sneak in to 10 yds before getting a shot a far and few between.
Perhaps you should work on your calling skills.
Fact is mag blend are bar none the best turkey loads on the market and i dont know how they could be topped.

Ballistically the Federal High Density superior as it has a higher density, and for handloading TSS is superior to eithor, perhaps you might want to do some research instead of simply spouting out whatever HS tells you.
Remember to spay and nueter your democrats.
woodysniper
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Not trying to start a pissing match here but I can call with the best of them on the stage or in the woods. My calling only killed 19 turkeys with 3 misses between myself and guiding over 29 days of hunting this past season, 14 of which came from public land. What i said was a turkey rarely ever gets to 10 yds before you get a shot. If you frequently have turkeys get that close before you have a shot then you might need some adjustments. I usually don't shoot unless they are with in 30 yds, but there is no point in letting them come to 10 yds. Sure, i have done it before just to see how close they would get and have shot 2 turkeys heads off with a shotgun (4 steps, 6 steps). But i don't know anybody that tries to kill turkeys that close, perhaps you do. As for the shells, I have patterned the mag blend loads and federal high density loads and many others through my gun and mag blend performed best with my gun at overall ranges. I haven't read anything on what hevi shot or federal has to say about there loads, so I couldn't argue with anything you are saying. All I know is what the boards have told me. Mag blend is the first hevi shot load i have ever shot, federal may work better for you and to each his own. Happy hunting and good luck this year.
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 am

woodysniper wrote:
But none of this really matters, the times you have a gobbler sneak in to 10 yds before getting a shot a far and few between.
Perhaps you should work on your calling skills.
Fact is mag blend are bar none the best turkey loads on the market and i dont know how they could be topped.

Ballistically the Federal High Density superior as it has a higher density, and for handloading TSS is superior to eithor, perhaps you might want to do some research instead of simply spouting out whatever HS tells you.

That was a bit harsh dude. I myself sure don't like taking those "see your own reflection in the birds eye" close shots. I have done it and inside 15 yards there has been 2 total decapitations and a few almosts but imo that is just way to close and leaves almost no room for error. My beef is not with him saying what he likes or with his opinion of the shell, but more with E.M. ludicrous claims of how their shell patterns...like it has the ability to defy physics and prevent pellet spread at longer and longer ranges. And again I have them and use them, but they just are not any more effective at normal turkey hunting ranges than any other load and they WILL fall short at longer ranges where the pattern gets too thin from the "oversized" shot where an equally dense or more dense homogenous load of 6's, 7's, or in the case of TSS even smaller shot will hold a pattern better and provide a more ETHICAL shot with more shock to the target by simply providing more pellets when the pattern actually gets there.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

Personally love MB, get some awesome patterns with it, and the results in patterning contests speak for themselves. Might be some with higher density, but not with better patterns.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 am

SPatrick wrote:Personally love MB, get some awesome patterns with it, and the results in patterning contests speak for themselves. Might be some with higher density, but not with better patterns.

Mag Blends are not allowed in the Sanctioned contests.
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Postby birdman2012 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I like the round. I have used Hevi-13 for some time and tried the Magnum Blend last fall. Killed the bird with one shot at 50 +. That's a pretty good deal on the shells, not quite as cheap as lead but more effective. Sounds reasonable to me.
birdman2012
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum