Avian X LCD turkey decoys

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Avian X LCD turkey decoys

Postby m3500 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Anyone know the durability of these decoys? More specificly would be if they happen to catch a stray pellet or two would they "pop" or deflate and then you cant use them anymore, or do they seal themselves or something to that nature. Any info to this topic would be greatly appreciated.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Re: Avian X LCD turkey decoys

Postby jpostx3 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

m3500 wrote:Anyone know the durability of these decoys? More specificly would be if they happen to catch a stray pellet or two would they "pop" or deflate and then you cant use them anymore, or do they seal themselves or something to that nature. Any info to this topic would be greatly appreciated.

They are by far the best decoys I have ever used. I was a little skeptical about them deflating at well, especially for the price of them. Mr. Jake ended up getting hit by a pellet last year, and it did NOT pop or anything of the sorts. Matter of fact it was several days later until I even noticed that it wasn't holding air as well as my Breeder Hen was. I couldn't find the pellet hole, but you can hear it rattling around inside the decoy. If you shoot them dead on then I would say it wouldn't be worth a darn, where as a DSD you could do that. For the money though, they are hard to beat, and I owe them a lot of credit for not only mine, but my friends and family success in the field last year.
Peace in the Middle East
jpostx3
hunter

Postby m3500 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the info.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Postby Hawkeye76 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:36 pm

I have a hen feeder and am pretty happy with it. The only problem I had was the seal around the hole where the stake goes into the decoy started cracking, but some silicone patched it up. They are tough decoys, the material is kinda like a basketball. What impressed me most was how good they look, both up close and at a distance
When she asked me how drunk I was on a scale of 1-10, and I told her a B-, I knew it wasn't gonna go well....
HAIL STATE!!!
Credibility = Capability + Will
Rush Pike
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S
Hawkeye76
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum