Stoeger m3500 turkey choke

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Stoeger m3500 turkey choke

Postby m3500 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:23 am

Anyone use the choke that it comes with for turkey? I haven't patterned mine with the loads I want to use, but I was just wondering if anyone has used it and I wanted to know if it was a good choke or not.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Re: Stoeger m3500 turkey choke

Postby GomerPyle » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 pm

awful......terrible. I have a 3500 with 28" barrel. I patterned mine with a few different shells and had consistently horrible patterns. I found some goober willing to buy the factory turkey choke for $20 and got rid of it asap.

For what it's worth, I'm now shooting a Primos tightwad ($25) and have fantastic results with it shooting HeviShot Mag Blend. buddy of mine has an older 2000 and is also shooting the tightwad with custom blended shells (so a very similar setup to mine) and is having equally good results. We've both tried the tightwad with the Longbeards and we both had it shooting several inches high and right with that setup.

So, Primos tightwad + blended shell (like the Mag Blends) seems to be a killer combo
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: Stoeger m3500 turkey choke

Postby MOhunter08 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:08 pm

My pattern wasn't terrible with 26" barrel and factory turkey choke. I was using 3" Federal Mag-Shok. Was enough to roll a gobbler.
MOhunter08
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum