Muzzleloaders

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Muzzleloaders

Postby stumpjumper » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:38 pm

Just wondering how many of you guys hunt or have hunted turkeys with a muzzleloader.
I shot a TK2000 and was lucky enough to take a turkey last year with it. It was the second year I lugged it in the woods. First year I had a bird 30 yards out and pulled the trigger. She went pop and then fizzle. The wad and shot landed 10 yards in front of me. Guess I had a little oil still in the bottom of the barrel when I loaded her up. You`d think I would have been mad but I sat there and laughed my but off.
I plan on using it this year to hunt dove and at least get one duck with it,

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cONG » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:01 pm

I would like to but I can kill one with my gun miss like 5 turkey and i been hunting for 2 years bad luck on me maybe more than 5
cONG
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:04 pm

killed em with a bow but never a muzzleloader. would love to give it a shot some time though.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Guess it would be cool, but for me it's about the hunt, not the kill, I'm just has happy to lower the boom with my old 12 gauge :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Agreed Cut. But I like to add a challenge to it and see if I can still make it happen. This year ( after I take the first one with a shotgun ) I am going to up the notch and give it a try with a single shot 410 using high brass. Patterened the gun and she`s good out to 15 yards :eek: :eek: :eek: I`ll need to be on my game for this one

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cut_un » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:42 am

On your game and a turkey in your lap :yes:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby BigBend » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 am

i got lucky with a shot and have killed one with my optima, my cousin hasnt been so lucky. we hunt this WMA that is primitive only and he has shot two right through the wing and both have flew off. one flew out in the middle of a lake and the other dissapeared into thin air behind the cloud of smoke. we use sabots, not shot. Ill probably tote mine after i get one with my shotgun.
BigBend
State Moderator

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum