Scouting "them out"

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Scouting "them out"

Postby cut_un » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:33 pm

We are supposed to get rain tomorrow(Sat.) :thumbsdown: Hoped to slip out and do a bit of poking around on a couple new pieces of property that I've gained permission to hunt. Guess I'll just have to wait til next week as it's already started raining :thumbsdown: Oh Well!
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:08 pm

thats too bad cut, i havent actually set out to scout yet but need to get in gear in the next week or two. i have however located a few birds on one of the national forests we have around here that is open to hunting. there are 3 nice birds that i have seen on 2 different occasions while fishing. i'm hopin they stick around cause this is one of those areas that is only accessible by boat or a 6 mile walk so it shouldnt have much pressure on it. i cant wait till april.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:15 pm

With the time change this week, I should be able to get out and scope them out, but I'm with you, man, I get so worked up each spring. It just don't get any better than sitting in the turkey woods on a spring morning :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 pm

yeah i hear ya. i keep seein them gobblers and they are killin me. its so hard not to bring my diaphrams out and call to them just to see them react to my calls. fortunately for me, i work night and have all the time in the day that i need to scout and once season comes in to hunt. i get all worked up thinking about all of the what ifs and each little scenario comes into my mind and i like to think what i would do in this case and that. then i find myself having dreams of previous hunts. its amazing how many of them i remember so many of the small details. i got it bad man.

Hi my name is Tony and I am a Turk-a-holic...
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:23 am

Had a buddy, just the other night said he sat straight up in bed, when his wife ask him what was the matter was, he told her to be quiet, a turkey was coming :rolleyes: He's got it bad :yes:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:35 pm

cut_un wrote:Had a buddy, just the other night said he sat straight up in bed, when his wife ask him what was the matter was, he told her to be quiet, a turkey was coming :rolleyes: He's got it bad :yes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So I`m not the only one!!!!!!!!!

Cut, I know you said it`s suppose to rain, but did you consider going out there anyways. Do you have any fields on the land? I go out on rainy days to see where the birds head. That way if it`s raining the day I do get to hunt I`ve somewhat covered my bases.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cut_un » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:44 am

Yea, I did go, was not much to see but did get a better grip on the lay of the land. NOT a wasted trip :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Will be slipping out again this weekend to poke around in the turkey woods, how about you & if so, what'd see :huh:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Things are definately heating up in the turkey woods :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:24 pm

while fishing yesterday i saw 8 turkeys out in a field and of the 8 3 were fairly nice toms. then on the way home i saw a field of about 10 or 12 turkeys right off of 118 up around vanceboro. the days are getting longer and the temperature is rising. it wont be long now boys. :thumbsup:
trigger22
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum