Anyone ever shoot a double?

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Anyone ever shoot a double?

Postby 20bolt » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:16 pm

During the fall in Mass, you get a hen and tom permit. Anyone ever shoot a double? :gatgun:
20bolt
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:21 pm

Here in Va. we can only kill one bird a day, Have seen guys on TV pop two with one shot. Really got me pumped up :eek:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:40 pm

I've called in several doubles but never actually killed 2 at once myself. I did however call in a nice double on Rios where I shot ! and my buddy shot the other. It was sort of the 1, 2, 3 boom kind of thing. It was his first turkey and my only Rio. I dont really see the point in me shooting 2 birds at the same time. I'd personally rather shoot the boss gobbler and if the other was a nice enough bird come back tomorrow and try to get him.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby cutt-down » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:11 am

Last year I had a super nice Rio come in with 2 jakes. I don't shoot jakes anymore but was zoned in on this big tom & right when I pulled the trigger a jake walked behind the tom. Needless to say they both went down.
cutt-down
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:33 am

Only one bird a day in NC.

But called in two NICE gobblers a few years back while hunting with my brother-in-law. Did the 1-2-3 BOOM thing as well and both of us took birds. That was his first. A special moment to say the least. Did the turkey dance for at least 10 minutes :grooving:

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum