Some turkey trail cam pics (dial up beware)

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Some turkey trail cam pics (dial up beware)

Postby David » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:23 pm

for your viewing pleasure. Tomorrow I'll post up the pic of the one I called up and my dad killed this weekend. :thumbsup:

A white one?

ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 am

only two beards in all them pictures? i wonder if the white one is albino or a escaped farm bird. that deer looks like he knows he just did something wrong. those are cool pics, i oughta do that camera trap thing too.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby tripleCBoykins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 am

Nope that would be a wild turkey hen. Remeber that tame turkeys came from the wild population. Thus any color you see in a tame turkey has it coresponding wild coloration. If you look hard you will see that her wing coverts are red as is her tail. I think she is a light gray color. Last year I saw a hen that was completely red/ brown colored accept for her wing primaries that were the standard bar pattern.
Hunt with Boykins
tripleCBoykins
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 am

Great pics, looks like a "great spot to work a bird too" :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby David » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 am

idahofowler wrote:only two beards in all them pictures? i wonder if the white one is albino or a escaped farm bird. that deer looks like he knows he just did something wrong. those are cool pics, i oughta do that camera trap thing too.

Actually, four beards. Group of three jakes and one long beard. Definitely a wild turkey, no turkey farms or anything for miles and miles around this land.

I moved the camera to a high game traffic path and put out 80 pounds of corn last time I was there. First time to put out any feed since before thanksgiving. I can't wait to see what all I get on the camera.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Thanks

Postby naddaf20 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks for sharing my friend, these are some nice pictures :thumbsup:
naddaf20
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum