One More in Heaven!!

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

One More in Heaven!!

Postby orangefoot » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Called this one up for my brother this morning. We put him to bed yesterday evening went back this morning. He was gobbling up a storm made a few short soft yelps he gobbled 3 time when we heard him fly down. He shut up! 15 minutes later he was in our face and my brother put tha smack down on him. :thumbsup:

He had an 8 inch beard one spur was 7/8in and the other was 1in. Weighed 18 pounds. Young bird. :smile:

"Grind Em"
orangefoot
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:48 pm

good deal orangefoot not a bad bird :thumbsup:
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby GCox25 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:55 am

Nice bird.

I was lucky enough to get my first bird on opening day, Sunday, here in Oklahoma. The big boys are still henned up at this point and reluctant to leave their girls, but a couple of jakes got lost and found their way by our blind.

He was 15 lbs and had 6" beard. No monster, but nice enough for my first bird. I could barely feel my legs when I stood up, but somehow got through it.

I'm going back this weekend looking for a big boy.
GCox25
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:59 pm

Way to go OF. Ain`t nothing like calling a bird in for someone else sir. Well done!!!!! And that ain`t no small bird there. He`s a trophy!!!

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby A-Bomb » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Great job calling and nice bird. Congrats to you both.

Seeing that bird laying there makes me even more anxious to get our season rolling. Our Michigan season doesnt start until the 21st of April. Cant wait, im patterned up, have the gear packed now and will haul the camper down to my buddies farm this weekend. From there on out is scouting and final details on the where and when for opening day. Cant wait to see it all unfold!
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby orangefoot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:41 pm

I wish you luck A-bomb. :thumbsup: But i still got to get me a bird before the seasons over. I called up 2 for my papaw opening morning his first turkey and called that one up for my brother which was his first also.
:rofl:

I love shootin em longbeards but i also like to call and watch friends and family lay one down. :thumbsup:
"Grind Em"
orangefoot
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum