Bingo

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Bingo

Postby stumpjumper » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Well, I wasn`t able to call for one of the kids in the Ft Bragg youth hunt due to prior arrangements to take my nefhew out on youth day. But I did have a great morning even with all the rain. This was my nefhews third turkey hunt and I called in his third bird. Needless to say he thinks I`m the Turkey God. We had two birds fire off a LONG ways away. I laid into my bronzed glass call and they couldn`t stand it. They gobbled not more than 30 yards behind us before strutting into the deeks. My nefhew got herky jerky and one of the birds busted him. Luckily he had the bead on that bird and when I said shot he let him have a blast of # 6`s. The bird had a 9 5/8" beard, 3/4" spurs and weighed 18.2 lbs. And yes the second pic he`s proudly showing off a CuttnRun custom call!!!!!

The Codman

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby trigger22 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:08 pm

great job stump and nice bird. cody is right though you da man
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Congrads Stump, good work and nic pics :wink:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Outstanding!!! Nice callin' and nice shootin'. :yes: ..and thats one hansom call brother. :wink:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Hell of a Job Stump. Opening day tues for me. Get you pics if it turns out good.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:03 pm

He'll remember his Uncle for that one moment, and never forget. The thing you can never tell him, is that you probably got a bigger kick than that shotgun gave your Nephew.

Great job! I love being there when a kid gets their first. My son just completed his Hunter's Safety course, and now I get to really enjoy the hunt through the eye's of my boy. I was thinking about setting him up with a 3 and 1/2 inch out of the ten gauge. Or do you think that will be too light of a load for a twelve year old? :rofl:

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum