Family Vac.

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Family Vac.

Postby cut_un » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:56 am

OK guys, been away all last week sooooo, been out of the loop, on here and in the turkey woods, will be out in the am(first time this year) , hope to have a report :yes: It will take me a while to see just who has done what :huh:

Turning the wick up in the Va. turkey woods :hammer: :hammer:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

So far.....

Postby cut_un » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Guess I should have stayed on vac as the turkeys are having their way with me this week :huh: Hunting new land the last two days has found me looking at where the turkeys have been and NOT where they are, Have only heard two turkeys gobble,one each morning ( way)off in a distance, then only a time or two, the rest of the day is spent covering ground and cold calling.

" Calling all two years olds" :hammer:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Sorry to hear that Cut. I`ve been out of the loop as well for the past 4 days. Been in Pender co NC on some new land that I got a lease on. Put 152 miles on the truck once I arrived there in 3 1/2 days of scouting/hunting. Heard birds BUT all of them were henned up bad. Set and watched two gobblers follow hens around for two days. I got the hens to come in ONCE in that time. I`ll explain what happened in another thread.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cut_un » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Yea, I was gone but not forgettin :yes: The turkeys knew it was just a matter of time til I would be thumping on their heads :wink: Check it out on campfire '08...and stump, signed "to be continued" :hammer: :hammer:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum