1st turkey

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

1st turkey

Postby the old man » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:16 am

I finally killed my first turkey that I called in. 20lbs, 9 3/4" beard 1" spurs. I've killed other turkeys, but alway when someone else was doing the calling. Will another turkey move into this turkey strutting ground and become the boss turkey or does it take a year or two?
You don't have to be crazy to duck hunt, but it helps.
the old man
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:26 am

Oh im sure someone will fill his position. Turkeys always seem to be battling for pecking order, so im sure it wont take too long. :wink:

Congrats on your bird and your personal achievment! :cheers: Its always gratifiying to get it done alone...just you, your calling and the gobbler...who can outwit who? :yes:

That said, i still like hunting with a partner just because you get to share the experience. Inturn memories are made and friendships grow even more.

No matter how you do it, gobble huntin's hard to beat. :biggrin:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Congrats :thumbsup:
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby orangefoot » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Congrats on the bird ]. :thumbsup: And i agree with A-Bomb gobble huntin is hard to beat.
"Grind Em"
orangefoot
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Heck yea brother. Way to go. It`s always nice to do the calling and shooting on your own terms. Kinda completes you as a turkey hunter. Now just take the time to pass on what you`ve learned to another sir. WELL DONE!!!

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby WIgunner30 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:03 pm

i hunt in a area of wisconsin that just doesnt have the number of turkeys as others. i see usually only one tom or maybe 2 a season. Which is only 5 days btw here. i usually kill that tom and my brother has his season usually a couple weeks after me and every year a new boss gobler shows up out of know were and takes that toms place.
WIgunner30
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum