seats for turkey hunters

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

seats for turkey hunters

Postby the old man » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Due to a bad back I cannot sit on the ground with my legs out in front of me. What is the best portable seat to use? Also what type of head net do you use. I wear glasses and have a problem with using a head net. I think that the last turkey I called in saw me because of my glasses. Need some help.
You don't have to be crazy to duck hunt, but it helps.
the old man
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:00 pm

For me, much like you,I wear glasses and have a hard time sitting for long periods of time. As for a face mask I use one made by HS Strut, it's what they call a 3/4 mask. It has an opening for my eyes and that's it. It's pretty comfortable, keeps me hidden and keeps the bugs off too.
For a seat I use the small turkey seat sold in most sporting goods stores for turkey hunting. I've had mine a while and it has fixed legs, most today colapse. I find I can set a couple hours without getting too cramped, most time that's plenty long enough to get in and close the deal :yes: Hope this helps :wink:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:50 pm

you might consider some sort of portable pop up blind. you can set up a chair inside and wont have to worry about sitting and being uncomfortable, it keeps you out of the rain for the most part, provides better concealment and allows you freedom to move around better, and would fix the biggest problem of being seen with your glasses on. there are several out there to chose from ranging from 50 bucks for an ameristep sold from the sportsmansguide to 400 for a double bull dark horse or matrix from primos, with several other quality blinds in between. turkeys as smart as they are, are totally oblivious to a blind.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum