Time to pattern guns boys...

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Time to pattern guns boys...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Don't want to miss a bird cause your gun barrel is bent or patterning low.... this is a must every year. Ask me how I know.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Time to pattern guns boys...

Postby NMBlackgold » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Don't want to miss a bird cause your gun barrel is bent or patterning low.... this is a must every year. Ask me how I know.

Ok Indaswamp, how do you know? Let me guess, something to do with a gator doing a death role and bending your barrel?
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:37 pm

While filming turkey hunts, we had 7 misses on film. After I missed an easy shot @ 35 yrds. on a big double bearded gobbler with daggers for spurs(he was walking in a plowed corn field and you can see he has at least 1 3/8" spurs, we patterned the gun. It shot 18" low at 25 yards. don't really know how the barrel got bent... probably from putting it behind the seat of the truck, but who knows. Now we always pattern the guns before the season and if we miss....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby NMBlackgold » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Indaswamp wrote:While filming turkey hunts, we had 7 misses on film. After I missed an easy shot @ 35 yrds. on a big double bearded gobbler with daggers for spurs(he was walking in a plowed corn field and you can see he has at least 1 3/8" spurs, we patterned the gun. It shot 18" low at 25 yards. don't really know how the barrel got bent... probably from putting it behind the seat of the truck, but who knows. Now we always pattern the guns before the season and if we miss....

Its amazing how they can change from season to season. But 18" inches low, wow! You must have pissed off someone! My ex would do something like that to me. Would love to see a more realistic video were there are actually some misses like you describe. Good luck in 09, any out of state hunts in your plans?
NMBlackgold
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum