Sponsorship

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Sponsorship

Postby jacob1996 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:53 pm

hey im 12 years old and i think i got some potential and that i could win alot of titles in calling competitions.
any1 got advice on gettin a sponsor? ive looked at trying to get sponsored by woodhaven but i think they are a little to good for me. i know the camera man for alex rutlidge and hunters specialties. but i dont know what do yall think?
Last edited by jacob1996 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jake
-"aint no party like a duck hunting party cause a duck hunting party dont stop!"-
-Boykin Spaniels RULE!!!-
jacob1996
hunter

Re: Sponsorship

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:47 pm

You got to get out there & win some contest first before anyone will sponsor you.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby jacob1996 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 pm

ive won 3rd and 1st back to back at the backwoods show
and i won 5th when i was 7 at a bass pro calling comp.
and ive placed in a few others,but i cant remember which ones and what place i won.
jacob1996
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:47 am

Are you competing with a mouth call or friction? Which calls are you currently using?

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jacob1996 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:52 pm

i currently have: a quaker boy triple threat aluminum,slate,ceramic combo,S & S game calls sweet single slate ,and a patriot glass surface friction , H.S. Strut rosewood and cross cut strikers,and a striker that came with my sweet single and a striker that came with my patriot, i have a custom made box call i won last year , 4-quaker boy diaphrams,3 knight 'n hale youth diaphrams,and one primos sonic dome batwing diaphram. i use the friction calls for calling competitions. i dont really use my box call except for hunting,and i dont use my diaphrams cause i dont think im very good,but i dont really use my diaphrams in front of anyone so i dont know if im good or not.
-Jake
-"aint no party like a duck hunting party cause a duck hunting party dont stop!"-
jacob1996
hunter

Postby Dustin07 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:31 pm

jacob1996 wrote:hey im 12 years old and i think i got some potential and that i could win alot of titles in calling competitions.
any1 got advice on gettin a sponsor? ive looked at trying to get sponsored by woodhaven but i think they are a little to good for me. i know the camera man for alex rutlidge and hunters specialties. but i dont know what do yall think?

Jacob,

when I was about your age, I earned sponsors for BMX racing. here's what you do:

Write a letter that says who you are, what you are doing with calling and waterfowl in general, and what you want to do. Also include how a company's sponsorship of you would benifit you and how it woudl benifit them. let them know what your plans are with calling (how many competitions you'll be in this year, etc). ALSO mention anyone that you hunt/call with that may be well known.

Include pictures, and if possible, maybe a DVD with you calling on it. Let them know you are excited about representing their products.

when you are sponsored, you are a sales person. You are given free merchandise, or sometimes money and in exchange you are supposed to basically sell the product.

Good luck,
Dustin07
hunter

Postby jacob1996 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:37 pm

im trying to get sponsored for turkey calling,but i would like to get to get into duck calling competitions also,i guess that would be cool.
-Jake
jacob1996
hunter

Postby Dustin07 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:18 am

So for Turkey calling, you'd want to send those letters and possibly videos to local sportsmens stores, primos and other turkey call manufacturers, etc.
Dustin07
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum