Ft Bragg Youth and Wounded Warrior Hunt

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Ft Bragg Youth and Wounded Warrior Hunt

Postby stumpjumper » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 am

On youth day, myself, Quackwacker, Dropzone, and a few other good turkey hunting friends traveled to Ft Bragg to call for 15 kids whose fathers are either about to deploy, just returning, or are curently deployed to either Iraq or Afganistan. I also carried with me wood duck calls donated by Chris Tester of Muddy Paws calls and turkey totes donated by George Phillips of FowlKnot lanyards. I would first like to thank all of those guys for their time and efforts in helping out with this event. Your kindness was really appreciated guys by myself and everyone at the event. All of the kids involved had a great time and it gave them the chance to experience to great outdoors and the sport of turkey hunting. Although no team bagged a bird many did get to work birds and all of the kids returned with big smiles and lots of stories. I will download pics when I have the avalible tonight. This event is a yearly thing that I hope to be involved with for many years to come.

Dropzone with his guide and youth hunter

Quackwacker with his guide and youth hunter

Myself with my guide and my youth hunter

The kids with their Muddy Paws wood duck calls and FowlKnot lanyard totes

Little Lesly was one of the youth hunters and cute as a button so I had her sport the goodies

And one pic of my youth hunter and guide in the woods

This past Saturday ( 18th ) myself, Dropzone and a few other friends of ours attended the 1st annual Wounded Warrior hunt at Ft Bragg. This hunt is put on for those that have returned from a combat zone with pysical injuries that limit them the chance to get out in the woods. 10 Wounded Warrior partisipated in this event. And let me tell you, these guys are great people, and are TRUE AMERICAN heroes!!!! I was humbled to be able to help them out. Again, no one took a bird but I heard laughter and saw smiles from ear to ear. Here are a few pictures I took at the event.

If anyone here is interested in supporting, donating ( items or money ) or helping out with either of these events, or if you know of someone or an organization that would like to help please contact me. These people have given everything to help preserve our rights and our freedoms. It is a true privaledge to give something back to them.

Myself and Mr. James Lowman

Dropzone ( right side )

Stuart ( right side )

And a picture of all those involved holding a flag that is very dear to me and my family

Always take the time to honor and support these brave men and their families. As the saying goes " Freedom isn`t free. All gave some, some gave all ". I know this to be true!!!!

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Ft Bragg Youth and Wounded Warrior Hunt

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Great post Stump!

Looks like another successful season.........Anytime you can introduce kids into the outdoors!

Thanks for your support!

Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Ft Bragg Youth and Wounded Warrior Hunt

Postby A-Bomb » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:02 am

Stump,
Now thats is a really great thing that you have participated in. Hats off to you, the rest of the staff and those that donated time, money and product into it. What better way to grow our sport and show graditude to those that defend our country. Well done, and many thanks to the soldiers and families for their service and sacrifices. :smile:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum