hike, hike, hike, hike, hike

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

hike, hike, hike, hike, hike

Postby woodduck31 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:14 am

x
Last edited by woodduck31 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodduck31
hunter

Re: hike, hike, hike, hike, hike

Postby jsy0175 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:48 pm

beautiful mirriam sounds like my tennessee trip i take every year. walk walk walk up one hill down another. we definatly sleep good at night. and 3 am sure does come fast. great bird again and thank for sharin
did u fart or is that just the swamp!
jsy0175
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Tue May 05, 2009 8:19 am

Congratulations!!!...Thank you for sharing your great story with us. Thats a beautiful bird you have there and another testimate that hard work pays big dividends....Way to go. :thumbsup:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 pm

I've shot plenty of Easterns, and don't get me wrong, every tom is pretty, but I sure would like to get me one of those white-fanned birds. Great hunt! Sounds like you need to get friends that like to share a bit more.......I feel your pain though, the only problem is, it's my 13-year-old Son who thinks he obviously comes first! :no:

Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby woodduck31 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 pm

x
Last edited by woodduck31 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodduck31
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri May 15, 2009 9:13 am

I have a saying when it comes to helping people. "No good deed goes unpunished"! It's nice when the favor is returned, but too often, the people who share in this world continue to give, and the people who receive in this world continue to take. It's nice when the favor is returned, but are you like me, when it comes time that someone returns a favor, it seems unusual, and not the norm? I guess I'll be the one in life who really enjoys seeing someone else enjoy the hunt. Pulling the trigger is a blast, but to me, just the end of a fine hunt.

That reminds me of a few things that have happened to me over the last few weeks, that I find strange. I grew up holding the door if someone is following behind me. Today, very few people do that. I have been told numerous times lately, "Thanks". People are actually surprised that someone actually waited a split-second, and held the door while they approached. I also say "bless you" when someone sneezes. It's purely just habit at this point, but still, hardly anyone else does this any longer. Is it because I am older? Is it because of our fast-paced world we live in? Or is it just people are plain rude? Any time I send the bless you to someone, they always say thank you, but they look puzzled, like I am a dying breed. All I can say, is keep up the fight, continue to give, because giving is easy, and when the few rewards that come your way, do finally come, you'll find great pleasure in knowing that you deserved it!

Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby woodduck31 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:44 am

x
Last edited by woodduck31 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodduck31
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat May 16, 2009 9:39 am

Congrats on the Merriam!!!

I know to well what your talking about on the problem too :mad:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum