NWTF and NASCAR

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

NWTF and NASCAR

Postby NMBlackgold » Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 am

Glad to see my NWTF membership dollars are hard a work, the NWTF is a full sponsor for the #1 car at Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend. Yes, this is the direction I envisioned for a non-profit organization, a full mural on the side of a stock car....... :mad: .......habitat improvement projects and seed distribution programs are way overrated.........shame on you NWTF brass.
NMBlackgold
hunter

Re: NWTF and NASCAR

Postby NMBlackgold » Fri May 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Read the NWTF press release, they are claiming it was a donation from Bass Pro Shop.......the primary sponsor.....sure.....the NWTF didn't pay a dime for that plug..................are we that naive?? Not me.....Keck is just another wanna be CEO, running under the banner of conservation and grass roots efforts......you all should be pissed..
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Did you read the whole article?

http://www.nwtf.org/nwtf_newsroom/press_releases.php?id=11813

The sponsorship was a donation to the NWTF from Bass Pro Shops, and is a part of the Conservation Fund's "Racing for America's Wildlife" program. The program is designed to engage the NASCAR community in conserving America's hunting and fishing heritage through habitat protection, restoration, education and outreach.

If Bass Pro Shops is donating it to them, then what is the big deal.

I think that this is a way for Bass Pro shops to get a tax right off for their NASCAR sponsorship.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby NMBlackgold » Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm

The relationship between NWTF and Bass Pro stinks (Keck and Morris) stinks to high heaven (always has). I guess if you think a corporate box suite at Lowe's Motor Speedway is "grass roots" then all is well........no problem, keep sending you membership renewal.......Keck is your man. Some of us are less convinced of their intentions.......especially in this rough economy.
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:32 pm

I AM GLAD THE LOGO IS THERE!!!!! You have got to advertise if you want to get members! The NWTF needs way more members than it has. It is a great organization. You can sit here and b1tch all you want about what they do with the money but the majority of it goes to good use. Does all of your money go to good use? I dont think so. If you are not a member...shame on you. And grip about $35 dollars a YEAR in this economy....horse crap!! You spend that much or more every MONTH just to have internet so you can get on this website and gripe about something that might keep somebody else from becoming a member of the NWTF. Shame on all of you for b1tching that their logo is on a race car. I HOPE TRUEX WINS!!!!!
SEASON TOTALS ARE FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby NMBlackgold » Fri May 15, 2009 1:35 pm

I hope it was clear that Keck is a proxy for the shortcomings of the current admin... tongue and cheek
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:03 pm

B1tch, B1tch, B1tch!!! Find another leader of something that is worth b1tchin about, like the leader of this country who can really do some damage to what you want and like rather than an organizational leader whose organization does WAY more good than bad. And you call your self a turkey hunter. Once again, SHAME ON YOU!!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby NMBlackgold » Fri May 15, 2009 3:48 pm

meatwagon8 wrote:B1tch, B1tch, B1tch!!! Find another leader of something that is worth b1tchin about, like the leader of this country who can really do some damage to what you want and like rather than an organizational leader whose organization does WAY more good than bad. And you call your self a turkey hunter. Once again, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Ahem......the future of wild turkeys' in this country are not worth bytching about?????? ....shame on you then.....enjoy the race.
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:59 pm

NMBlackgold wrote:
meatwagon8 wrote:B1tch, B1tch, B1tch!!! Find another leader of something that is worth b1tchin about, like the leader of this country who can really do some damage to what you want and like rather than an organizational leader whose organization does WAY more good than bad. And you call your self a turkey hunter. Once again, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Ahem......the future of wild turkeys' in this country are not worth bytching about?????? ....shame on you then.....enjoy the race.

Where do you stand???? At one minute you tell people not to waste their money on a membership and the next you are worried about the future of the wild turkey??? This is pointless. I am done with you.

SUPPORT NWTF AND ALL THEY DO!!!! DONT B1TCH WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING YOU DONT TOTALLY AGREE WITH!!!!
THEY ARE THE FUTURE OF THE WILD TURKEY SO WHY PUT THEM DOWN!!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Fri May 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Where do you stand???? At one minute you tell people not to waste their money on a membership and the next you are worried about the future of the wild turkey??? This is pointless. I am done with you.

SUPPORT NWTF AND ALL THEY DO!!!! DONT B1TCH WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING YOU DONT TOTALLY AGREE WITH!!!!
:lol:
All the time I've spent shooting Coyotes, Bobcats, and Foxes, amongst other predators, and planting native grass on section of my lease that the turkeys inhabit most I've NEVER seen anybody from the NWTF out there helping me with any of it. When I'm back in the States, all the time I've spent hunting almost every species walking or flying, I've once again NEVER seen one NWTF member out there providing any services for the birds. HELL, the only time I see anything to do with the NWTF is when some idiot like you buys into the program, shoots a jake with a 2" beard, and takes a pic with a NWTF hat on with a big stupid smile on your face. i will enjoy the race, 2 days late on AFN....enjoy YOUR FREEDOM... :welcome:
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
DUCK COMMANDER "DUCKAHOLICS" MILITARY MEMBER
REFUGE RAT MILITARY MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Sat May 16, 2009 2:37 pm

1FowlHNTR wrote: All the time I've spent shooting Coyotes, Bobcats, and Foxes, amongst other predators, and planting native grass on section of my lease that the turkeys inhabit most I've NEVER seen anybody from the NWTF out there helping me with any of it. When I'm back in the States, all the time I've spent hunting almost every species walking or flying, I've once again NEVER seen one NWTF member out there providing any services for the birds. HELL, the only time I see anything to do with the NWTF is when some idiot like you buys into the program, shoots a jake with a 2" beard, and takes a pic with a NWTF hat on with a big stupid smile on your face. i will enjoy the race, 2 days late on AFN....enjoy YOUR FREEDOM... :welcome:

First of all let me thank you for your service even though you called me and idiot with out having a clue who I am. I have never wore an NWTF hat or had one of their stickers on my truck. I have killed over 100 turkeys and only 4 have been jakes (back in the early 90's when I started hunting turkeys). You really need to get get all the info before you start whackin at somebody you dont know. How many times has somebody from the NRA, DU, or Delta waterfowl been to your lease and helped you out??? If they have then great. Have you taken pictures of the ducks you kill with a DU or Delta waterfowl hat on your head while you were smiling??? If you did does that make you and idiot??? I dont think so. I just hate when people get on the internet where they can hide and slam an organiztion the sole purpose is the help wildlife and wildlife habitat. Not every penny that goes to the NRA, DU, and Delata Waterfowl goes to great use either but I still send them money every year just like you do. You should really consider becoming a member of the NWTF also. You might not see them at work but they are out there and somebody will be able to enjoy the outdoors because of them and that is what it is all about. God BLESS AND GET HOME SAFE!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Sat May 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Meatwagon,
I actually don't make it a habit to wear any sort of affiliation when taking pictures. As a matter of fact, I only have 2 pictures on my computer of anything I've killed in the past 6 years. One of those Is a 130 class buck shot out of an area that was said only to produce does, and the other was a wild boar that was rooting up everything I tried to plant. I apologize for the idiot remark. It wasn't aimed directly at you, but those people whom I pointed out. What part of W Ky you from? I was raised in/around LBL, and my father lives in Murray now. Don't get back there like I used to, but enjoy it very much when I do. Once again, sorry for calling YOU an Idiot directly, it was not my intention.
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
DUCK COMMANDER "DUCKAHOLICS" MILITARY MEMBER
REFUGE RAT MILITARY MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Apology accepted. I live a few miles just outside of Mayfield. Get back home sometime and enjoy this part of the world. It is great. Once again,, not trying to step on your toes I just think nobody should slam any organization who is in it for the better of wildlife and conservation. Get home safe!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby NMBlackgold » Sun May 17, 2009 4:56 pm

1FowlHNTR wrote:Where do you stand???? At one minute you tell people not to waste their money on a membership and the next you are worried about the future of the wild turkey??? This is pointless. I am done with you.

:lol:
All the time I've spent shooting Coyotes, Bobcats, and Foxes, amongst other predators, and planting native grass on section of my lease that the turkeys inhabit most I've NEVER seen anybody from the NWTF out there helping me with any of it. When I'm back in the States, all the time I've spent hunting almost every species walking or flying, I've once again NEVER seen one NWTF member out there providing any services for the birds. HELL, the only time I see anything to do with the NWTF is when some idiot like you buys into the program, shoots a jake with a 2" beard, and takes a pic with a NWTF hat on with a big stupid smile on your face. i will enjoy the race, 2 days late on AFN....enjoy YOUR FREEDOM... :welcome:

1fowlHNTR, that was an absolutely hilarious response.............hua!
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm

NMBlackgold wrote:
1FowlHNTR wrote:1fowlHNTR, that was an absolutely hilarious response.............hua!

NMblack gold, I am sure you are one of those people he was talkin about!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby NMBlackgold » Sun May 17, 2009 5:44 pm

meatwagon8 wrote:
1FowlHNTR wrote: All the time I've spent shooting Coyotes, Bobcats, and Foxes, amongst other predators, and planting native grass on section of my lease that the turkeys inhabit most I've NEVER seen anybody from the NWTF out there helping me with any of it. When I'm back in the States, all the time I've spent hunting almost every species walking or flying, I've once again NEVER seen one NWTF member out there providing any services for the birds. HELL, the only time I see anything to do with the NWTF is when some idiot like you buys into the program, shoots a jake with a 2" beard, and takes a pic with a NWTF hat on with a big stupid smile on your face. i will enjoy the race, 2 days late on AFN....enjoy YOUR FREEDOM... :welcome:

First of all let me thank you for your service even though you called me and idiot with out having a clue who I am. I have never wore an NWTF hat or had one of their stickers on my truck. I have killed over 100 turkeys and only 4 have been jakes (back in the early 90's when I started hunting turkeys). You really need to get get all the info before you start whackin at somebody you dont know. How many times has somebody from the NRA, DU, or Delta waterfowl been to your lease and helped you out??? If they have then great. Have you taken pictures of the ducks you kill with a DU or Delta waterfowl hat on your head while you were smiling??? If you did does that make you and idiot??? I dont think so. I just hate when people get on the internet where they can hide and slam an organiztion the sole purpose is the help wildlife and wildlife habitat. Not every penny that goes to the NRA, DU, and Delata Waterfowl goes to great use either but I still send them money every year just like you do. You should really consider becoming a member of the NWTF also. You might not see them at work but they are out there and somebody will be able to enjoy the outdoors because of them and that is what it is all about. God BLESS AND GET HOME SAFE!!!

8awagon, you started hunting turkeys in the early 1990s???? When your "Jakes" membership runs out, talk to someone who was around the NWTF in its glory years (1970s) and maybe you'll understand some of our frustrations. How did your "speedgobbler" do at the track??
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:47 pm

NMBlackgold wrote:
meatwagon8 wrote:
1FowlHNTR wrote:
8awagon, you started hunting turkeys in the early 1990s???? When your "Jakes" membership runs out, talk to someone who was around the NWTF in its glory years (1970s) and maybe you'll understand some of our frustrations. How did your "speedgobbler" do at the track??

You still dont have a clue and I dont think you ever will. You have made no sense from one post to the next in this thread. Like I said before...I AM DONE WITH YOU AND ALL YOUR NONSENSE!!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby NMBlackgold » Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 pm

meatwagon8 wrote:
NMBlackgold wrote:
meatwagon8 wrote:

You still dont have a clue and I dont think you ever will. You have made no sense from one post to the next in this thread. Like I said before...I AM DONE WITH YOU AND ALL YOUR NONSENSE!!!![/quote]

No hard feeling I hope........I just think turkeys are worth bytching about and ever dime should go to their good.........however unrealistic it may be.....
NMBlackgold
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 am

[quote="NMBlackgold

No hard feeling I hope........I just think turkeys are worth bytching about and ever dime should go to their good.........however unrealistic it may be.....[/quote

No hard feelings here and that is a great quote to end this thread. Hope you had a great season and if you are still hunting, tear em up!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum