welcome az hunters

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

welcome az hunters

Postby had » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:34 pm

i would like to welcom all az hunters to this forum. tell us where you are from and share your questions or stories about az duck hunting.

had
had
hunter

Postby Yumaducknut » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:56 pm

I'm from Yuma as you might have guessed from my username. I want to know if any of you have hunted the White Mountains. I know there is a lot of water but it seems like a lot of the lakes will have fishermen on them until ice up plus many have barren shores. I was hoping to bring the munchkins and most likely they don't want to lay on a bed of rocks under burlap. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The hunting is always hot in Arizona!
Yumaducknut
hunter

Postby had » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:29 pm

i have never hunted the white mountains before, mostly cause i live in yuma too. i would like to go though mabey sometime. how did you do around town last season?

had
had
hunter

Duck hunting so far this Season

Postby ORDuck » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:18 pm

HAD:

Did I see that you had shot some ducks in the Show Low area opening weekend? I heard it was a zoo on Cresent Lake. Can you comment.

I am looking for any area where I can see something this weekend. Anyone with suggestions please reply.

P.S. I am offering a bribe. I have connections that could hook you up with some free product from the king of beers!
ORDuck
hunter

Postby had » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:59 pm

no that wasn't me. i'll be hunting locally around yuma this weekend if work permits. we saw some mallards by our spot so we are hoping for the best. good luck

had
had
hunter

Postby AZFowler » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:39 pm

Glad to see a few Az waterfowlers are out there. I grew up in Illinois raised on fowl. It is different out here I have yet to see many duck boats around Phoenix. Are you guys having a good year?
AZFowler
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:22 pm

:welcome:

I had a good year for a learning year. My first real duck hunting year in Arizona. AFter a hunting since I was 9 in Wisconsin.

There are not many around here that post so please bring your friends. Let me know what I can do to get this forum rocking. I am going to try to bring some more arizona people into the fold here. And could use all the help I can get.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby AZFowler » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:01 am

Good site, it takes time. Light12 have you been able to get out alot?
I miss hunting 50days out of a 60day season, but cannot live in the past.
AZFowler
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:41 pm

AZfowler, I missed your post last month. I did well in December. Work slacks a bit then, So I got out twice a week. After that We are full steam ahead, I may be able to take more of the fall off to hunt this year, but won't have days off til then.

I have found a new super secret spot. I'm not willing to take a soul to yet. I found Plenty of ducks and a few Canadas. I just need to figure out the best way to hunt it. And I hope there is enough water next year.

I learned a lot about hunting here this year. You really have to love duck hunting to do it here. It is tough. You have to just enjoy being out. And you can truly be rewarded for patience here.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:41 pm

man i figured i would post i hunt down hear in topock marsh and we have and o.k. population of ducks well i still have alot of scouting to do after all im 13 it's my second season and i even manage to talk my cousin who is 14 into going...trying to bring another youth into hunting
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Keep up the tradition, I was lucky my dad is a big duck hunter. Not in the kill kill kill stand point. More in the respect the river, and enjoy your time. But dangit where are the ducks kind a guy. Its just me and him left in the family duck hunting. And I'm 2000 miles away. If I don't get the job I'm chasing in Wisconsin, I'll still be here next year. Get your cousin, and dad and anyone interested and I will join you for a day.

But oh I forgot there are no ducks in Arizona :thumbsup:
LIGHT12
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting