Just got orders to Sheppard AFB.

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Just got orders to Sheppard AFB.

Postby JoeyO » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:11 am

And the f'kd up thing is, I just bought a house.

HTF am i going to pull this off.

Only saving grace for me right now is that there is someone in my shop with the same exact skill level that wants my orders.

I think it can be done.
United States Air Force
A Veteran: Someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
JoeyO
hunter

Re: Just got orders to Sheppard AFB.

Postby k9horseluvr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Best of luck to ya! That really sucks but everything happens for a reason.

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Re: Just got orders to Sheppard AFB.

Postby brasmunky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:18 pm

same happened to me. i had a house built at mountian home afb in april 2008 and got orders to minot in september of the same year. we tried to sell our house until we left with not a single person interested. we got to minot in april 09 and lived in a hotel for about a month because there was seriously no places to rent and a 6 month wait list for housing. after the month in a hotel i sent my wife and 4 month old son to live with my parent in kansas city until i could get a house on base. during this whole time my house in idaho was sitting empty waiting to get rented or sold. the minot area economy is the exact opposite of the rest of the country. the housing market is strong and they have found oil in the area around here so there was a huge influx of workers and to top it all off they are having a huge surge of military people getting orders here to stand up a few new units. we finally got a house on base the first of july and our house got rented the week after. it was ruff but we got thru it. :fingerhead:
brasmunky
hunter

Return to Military Forum