Manitoba

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Manitoba

Postby Big Goose 25 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 am

Im head up to manitoba , in the stonewall area first week of Oct , a month from today, i can't wait i am fired up, But anyway. What are the fields looking like, Is it real wet , And im looking to do some duck hunt in the area , Could anybody help me out, I will not have a boat ,
Big Goose 25
hunter

Re: Manitoba

Postby Toban » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:04 pm

There are definitely wet fields in the area but it's not too bad and getting better. It's worse further North in the Interlake.
We've been hot and dry for about a week now and nothing but hot and dry forecast for the next week. Take that for what it's worth though, LOL!.
Most farmers in that area are just starting to get going with the harvest. It's way late due to the cool, wet summer we've had. I'd imagine they'll be going like mad very shortly if this weather holds.
Plenty of places to hunt ducks without a boat.
Where are you staying?
Saddle up boys! Bring ammo and jerky.
Toban
hunter

Postby Big Goose 25 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 pm

We are staying in stonewall, at the rock wood inn, I have a farmer up there , I have booked his field for 5 days , Its a good place for geese. But looking to get on some ducks, Im glad it is starting to dry up, I debateing to bring the four wheeler with us or not.
Could you help me out on a place to duck hunt in the afternoon.
Big Goose 25
hunter

Postby Toban » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Yup, I'll shoot you a PM later tonight or tomorrow with a few places that you won't need a boat. You may want to bring quad though.
Saddle up boys! Bring ammo and jerky.
Toban
hunter

Postby ickirby » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Toban wrote:There are definitely wet fields in the area but it's not too bad and getting better. It's worse further North in the Interlake.

That's an understatement...

I took the girlfriend up to Hecla for the weekend just gone by (building up some brownie points for when I make her a hunting widow for the next two months) and I couldn't believe how wet it was up there. It hadn't rained in like 2 days and everyone we talked to was so excited about the nice weather.

On the bright side I saw an absolute ton of birds. There were even in flocks (50-60 strong) all over the place pretty much anywhere that was cut alfalfa (the only crop I saw cut up there).

It really made me excited for next Tuesday (6 more sleeps).
"It's the wettest, coldest, warmest, most miserable good time I've ever had." Tom
ickirby
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting