HOW HAS THE HUNTING BEEN GOING

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

HOW HAS THE HUNTING BEEN GOING

Postby 7grnhds » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:51 am

just wondering how the hunting has been going i am starting to see a few more birds down here in dillon but not tones of them yet. lets here where you have been and how it has looked. i foud a new spot on the bighole and i think it is going to produce some good birds, but when it comes december you wone ger me out of cascaide
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby Fredito » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:27 pm

I went out twice so far...didnt do to good...okay...no birds at all....but I have been talking to a few people and it appears that some of the ducks and geese are just starting to group up just a little....so hopefully things will pick up
Fredito
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:18 pm

man some one needs to hit up warm springs ponds and the river right around that area i was heading up to canada on thursday and there is a few hundred ducks betewwn the ponds and deerlodge so someone needs to hit that i wont be back untill monday or i would :thumbsup:
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby Fredito » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:25 pm

Heres a funny story....I went out hunting this evening with some friends....We had a duck coming in from the side right at me....I had my bead dead center on him...When I took the shot, you could see the duck flop back some...of course it had to live, but the funny part is, the wad from the shell hit it dead in the chest, fun4jake took a few shots at the kevlar duck and missed it, then the wad fell down and hit the bill of my hat, it was pretty funny...we had another adventure that I am going to allow fun4jake to post up on....it involves a duck call and him almost falling in a tree :laughing:
Fredito
hunter

Postby Get'em » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:01 pm

Down here in the Gallatin valley i havn't done great but not to bad i went out today and shot 4 greenheads and 2 teal so it was pretty nice just waitin for the ducks to move down.
Get'em
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting