Just finished my boat transformation!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Just finished my boat transformation!

Postby diver-hunter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:06 pm

well i just finished my boat transformation. it was a game fisher, but now its a duck whacker :mrgreen: i am so happy with the way it turned out, and am so excited about the divers gettin here :getdown:

before:

now with no blind on it:

now with my blind on and ready to shoot up some ducks :smile:

i am so happy with it. i think it looks great. :yes: what do you guys think?
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:57 pm

very nice! how long did that take you? Any suggestions or lessons learned?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:07 pm

thanks man :salude: well i dont know exactly how long it took me, because it was so fun designing it and making it all myself. i do have a couple lessons learned. buy a 30 ft. roll of burlap and whenever your putting the pipe on the fittings to make shure you heat the end up real good to put it on much easier, and make shure you finish all the edges on the burlap so they dont fray apart into a big mess like most peices get with a couple years use. oh and make shure you have a good sewer (my mom) :mrgreen:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:06 pm

The boat looks great, I wish I could take pictures and post them to show what I did with my boat this year. Big change. I wish I had thought about putting hoops like that on mine.......maybe I still will.

diver-hunter wrote: oh and make shure you have a good sewer (my mom) :mrgreen:

Seamstress is a better word to use.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Grant48 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 pm

Thats awesome. What sort of motor are you going to use to push that thing around?
Grant48
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:49 am

Grant48 wrote:Thats awesome. What sort of motor are you going to use to push that thing around?

thats the other question. i have a johnson 8 horse i was planning on using, but cant get it running to save my life. i mean i honestly pulled it for 5 hours so far in the past couple days. i changed the plugs, got fresh gas, tried either, cleaned the carb, etc. it will back fire loud as heck, but wont start (well it did one time for like 30 seconds and never started again). i might try tearing it all apart in like february and finding out whats wrong with it, but in the mean time im looking at a 15 hp mercury today maybe :getdown: if i could get that thing, my gosh my boat would almost fly :yes:....with the 8 horse at full throttle it would go pretty dang fast already :smile:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:03 pm

Diver-hunter, great looking boat and blind. The only problem I see with it, is the burlap. If you get the sun shining on that stuff, you'll be able to see right through it probably. Have someone go in the boat and you look at it. Just something to think about for you.

Looks good though. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Grant48 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:08 pm

diver-hunter wrote:in the mean time im looking at a 15 hp mercury today maybe :getdown: if i could get that thing, my gosh my boat would almost fly :yes:....with the 8 horse at full throttle it would go pretty dang fast already :smile:

Heck yeah, 8 hp is plenty to move around a boat that size, and a 15 would be real fast. I have a 15 hp Mercury on my 14' jon boat, and it moves pretty fast, even at 1/2 throttle.

I think something is wrong with mine though, because there seems to be no difference in power from 3/4 to full throttle. I gotta get that looked at one of these days.
Grant48
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:42 pm

gsphunter wrote:Diver-hunter, great looking boat and blind. The only problem I see with it, is the burlap. If you get the sun shining on that stuff, you'll be able to see right through it probably. Have someone go in the boat and you look at it. Just something to think about for you.

Looks good though. :thumbsup:

actually, my friend and i have been using the same exact burlap on his boat as what i put on mine. we have used it for about 2 years, and trust me, when the sun shines its hardest, it still doesnt let like anything through.....plus, even if it did shine through, i am wearing MAX-4HD from head to toe :yes:.

and i am going to look at that 15 hp mercury tommorow :getdown:....i hope like heck i can get it....mobjack bay, here i come if i get that motor :smile:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:37 pm

i just got back from lookin at that motor. i got it! :getdown: man i am so happy right now, its going to be awsome this season :mrgreen:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 pm

Good to hear that works for you diver, just didn't want you to get out there opening day and have ducks flarin on ya. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:43 am

yea, that would be the last thing we wanted. im glad you said somethin though, in case i overlooked that part :smile:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:55 am

Good work diver-hunter!!
what kind of pipe did you use?
and how did you attach it?
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:23 pm

i just used that black pipe thats 1' thick. then just took the measurements and put the burlap on :smile:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby T-MAN » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:18 pm

Hey, nice boat man! :thumbsup:

Looks similar to mine, Ill try to get some pictures on so we can compare :yes:
T-MAN
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:52 am

thanks! yea, get some pics and we will compare the two :smile:

diver-hunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds