Advice on blind material

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Advice on blind material

Postby PoppaPink » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:38 am

Im a student at the University of Oklahoma and me and my buddy just got through building our duck slaying boat! Unfortunatly, we have a small bass pro here in OKC, but They can't keep the Avery "real grass" in stock. Wondering if anyone had any sugesstions on where I could look or if there was a different type out there that you might like over Avery. Thanks :help:
PoppaPink
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:54 am

me and my buddies have used the Primos burlap with the shadow grass camo pattern and it works great for us. that grass stuff would work for us, but it doesnt look as good where we hunt compared to the burlap.
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

camo material

Postby fishmunkee » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:25 am

I use raffia grass to add to my blind. You can get it at craft/hobby stores of even the craft section of Walmart for about $1.60 a bundle. I use Rit dye to color some darker brown and green, then mix the colored grass and zip tie into small bunches with a clip or large safety pin. You get about 6 decent size bunches per two large packs of raffia grass from Walmart. I t can be clipped or pinned to just about anything to help blend in or break up the other blind material.
fishmunkee
hunter

camo material

Postby fishmunkee » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 am

Oh yes, I forgot to add that I spray or dip in deck preservative to keep the raffia grass good for several seasons.
fishmunkee
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds