auto trap throwers

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

auto trap throwers

Postby kindaquacky » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Been thinking about getting an electric thrower, possibly a do-all brand, they seem to be a good value . Any suggestions
kindaquacky
hunter

Re: auto trap throwers

Postby ajmorell » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:26 pm

The Do-Alls are nice. Except for the trap house and a few others all of our traps are Do-All at the club up here.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby kindaquacky » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:02 pm

what version do you guys use up there
kindaquacky
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:54 am

kindaquacky wrote:what version do you guys use up there

We have a lot of different ones. I think we only have one automatic Do-All, not sure on the model. I know we have several of the ones with seats and quite a few standard single throwers.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby elstevo109 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:11 pm

This may just be my experience, but the smaller Do All automatic throwers seem to be extremely underpowered. I had bought a Whitewing at Cabela's and the electric motor could barely cock the arm with the spring tension as low as possible. Exchanged it for a different one and had the same problem. Now I have a Champion Easybird Double and I'm really happy with it. The machining quality is much nicer, the motor is very fast, and it throws doubles.
elstevo109
hunter

Postby augerin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:02 am

Why not look at a good used machine. The Winchester-Western Self Loading Skeet Machines - Model V1574 and like models where produced in great numbers and parts are easy to come by. Now that every club is going to high capacity target machines , you maybe could pick one up for a decent price.
augerin
hunter

Postby huntman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Ive had 2 red do all auto and the motors went out b4 a box of clays went through either. the company sent me a white one and it works really good. throws it about 65-70 and i cant slow it down anymore. may have to call but the company really doesnt seem to mind sendin a brand new one anytime they break
Head down, Eye on the target
huntman
hunter

Return to Target Shooting