Duck Hunting Forum banner

massive flock headed down

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  davecz 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

The snows are moving in massive flocks right now. I was able to pull a flock in 20 minutes south east is of Andrew Alberta.

I figure the flock probably had 1500 birds. Anyways we sat tight until they were right on top of us. 3 rounds later I was 1 short of my limit. The shortest hunt I have ever been on.

I have seen other flocks flying high so I would expect that they will be hitting the border soon. We are expecting cooler weather in the next few evenings that should push them south.

Matthew

#7 ·
greatwhitehunter said:
:clapping: Good point, he was hunting. Said he pulled them in, wasn't like he jump shot at them. That was probable the biggest rush in the world too him. It would of been for me. :clapping: Way to smack them...
i guess i can see that. its just that over the years ive learned a little consideration for the other hunters in the world, be it not skybusting, not shooting someone else's swing, or not over educating birds.

the fact that someone up north can call them doesnt impress me. from the shows i've seen up in canada a sick kid with a kazoo could call them in. let them fly down here when all thats left is the ones the yanks couldnt get then we'll talk.

and for the record, if we cant kill at least half of a group we pass.

#10 ·
aggiechiro said:
greatwhitehunter said:
:clapping: Good point, he was hunting. Said he pulled them in, wasn't like he jump shot at them. That was probable the biggest rush in the world too him. It would of been for me. :clapping: Way to smack them...
i guess i can see that. its just that over the years ive learned a little consideration for the other hunters in the world, be it not skybusting, not shooting someone else's swing, or not over educating birds.

the fact that someone up north can call them doesnt impress me. from the shows i've seen up in canada a sick kid with a kazoo could call them in. let them fly down here when all thats left is the ones the yanks couldnt get then we'll talk.

and for the record, if we cant kill at least half of a group we pass.
You must not do a lot of shooting, i think its pretty rare to drop half the flock of anything, unless your getting doubles coming in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.