How has the big game season been going

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

How has the big game season been going

Postby 7grnhds » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:25 pm

i know it does not start untill sunday but anyone archery hunt i shot a good bull on the opener of archery and shot at a few deer but havent hit one of them yet my bull scores arounf 290 so it is not a huge bull but not bad for a first time bull um lets here the stories and pics i will try to get 7grnslady or how ever she spells it to poast my pics. she went in to the hell hole the elk was in to help pack it out so we got some good pictures. hopefully we can get on a few good deer for her i think i have a great place up in agusta my buddy owns 8,000 acres on the river so thats the update on me and i will talk to you guys in a few days
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm

Went to Twin Lakes, Hiked 7 miles, nothing in site. Terrible opener but at it again tonight.
fun4jake
hunter

Postby Get'em » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:32 am

on sunday i just went out on the river to duck hunt but i was carrying some slugs with me just as i had 6 mallards lock into my dekes there was a nice little buck and a couple of does standing on the back side of my blind. So of course i shot the mallards quickly loaded with slugs and waited for the deer to run down to where they cross . sure enough about 5 minutes later there they went right across the river and about 25 yards they stood so i shot one just a nice fat doe but it will put some meet on the table for now. 6 mallards, 1 goose, and 1 doe.
Get'em
hunter

partial success

Postby fun4jake » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:10 pm

Well I finally shot a buck. It was a 4pt whitetail. No record book but nice size none the less. Now its time to focus on the Elk.
fun4jake
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:49 pm

I went out and shot a doe out of a herd of 250 last night. It took all of 10 min. I was back home on the couch by 530. Not much of a hunt but shell eat good.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:22 am

I have had a lot of excitement and packed out a bull my buddy shot but have not yet killed one. I have several surplus doe tags but I'm trying to kill an elk first and foremost. It has been well and I'm keeping the faith alive.
Troutslayer
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting