Bout That Time

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Bout That Time

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Trapping season is getting pretty close fellas. Y'all getting ready?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Bout That Time

Postby captainduckhead » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Preacher, I'm going into it full bore this year. I trapped all through high school and quit when I went to college. (I pursued a whole different species of beaver :yes: ) So this year I got all my gear back out, noticed that with my canoe last year, I also was relieved of 3 dozen #4 double long springs, and 2 dozen 330 conibears. So I decided to go after Mink, 'rats, coons and fox. I have a line on an area that has a few fishers and bobcats so I might try to nail a couple of them too.
So I'm pretty psyched. One question though, do you have a website or publication that I can go to to find out the current market values of fur? That would be helpful. The old guy who used to buy my furs died a few years ago.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby floating redneck » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:03 pm

try north american fur auctions
"remember im pulling for you, we're all in this together" Red Green
floating redneck
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:55 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Preacher, I'm going into it full bore this year. I trapped all through high school and quit when I went to college. (I pursued a whole different species of beaver :yes: ) So this year I got all my gear back out, noticed that with my canoe last year, I also was relieved of 3 dozen #4 double long springs, and 2 dozen 330 conibears. So I decided to go after Mink, 'rats, coons and fox. I have a line on an area that has a few fishers and bobcats so I might try to nail a couple of them too.
So I'm pretty psyched. One question though, do you have a website or publication that I can go to to find out the current market values of fur? That would be helpful. The old guy who used to buy my furs died a few years ago.

I always look in the Trapper and Predator Caller. They have fur price outlooks for the year every year. I can tell you they are going to be crappy this year though just like last year. If you can't get ahold of the right issue of the T&PC, NAFA might have something. I have the outlooks from last years which wound up being a lot higher than what was actually paid. I'll see if I can run down what the outcomes were of the last auction I went to a couple years ago was.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum