opening day

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

opening day

Postby forthshot » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:16 pm

hey everyone just seeing if anyone is going to hunt up by smithville? i do alot of hunting at montrose, smithville and settles ford, had alot of luck at most of those spots but i have some private land by smithville that is great for all geese and some ducks. just seeing what all you guys thought about smithville. thought about hunting at bob brown and nodaway but im working on a poor mans pocket with no boat. tell me what you all think good luck and be safe this year.
forthshot
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:38 am

Both Bob Brown and Nodaway are very huntable without a boat.

I've thought about hunting Smithville Lake but don't have any idea where to start.

Good Luck
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:42 pm

I have heard that Smithville has real good snow goose hunting but I'm not sure about ducks. I've never hunted it before but some guys I know have. I think that the only place you can hunt on the lake itself is north of where the lake splits, because right there and south to W bridge is all refuge and you cant go on that part of the lake from Oct. 30? until duck season ends?. I dont know where you can go as far as setting up on land.

As far as Bob Brown and Nodaway you dont need a boat to hunt them, just some waders.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi Guy's

Smithville is just like everyplace else it's great for ducks when there are ducks there. But empty skies are empty skys and there are a lot of empty sky's days at smithville. There are some spots you can hunt without a boat but they are few and far between. a boat or a nice floating blind is the way to go. it is close to town so it can be busy well into duck season.

you can hunt north of the refuge or in the camp branch area.

be extra carefull wading in lakes..and don't go out on the ice
bad things man...

I have not hunted there in many season but i hear it's about the same, but if you have private land around the lake that can be some great goose hunting.

Frank
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:42 am

For you fellas heading out this weekend be safe and have fun. I'll be missing opening day, (in the north) for the first time in several years.

I expect to see some pictures when you get home.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting