Duck Hunting Forum banner

Opening Weekend Hampton Roads VA Duck Hunting Seat Needed

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  k9horseluvr 
#1 ·
I need a seat I hate driving to NC every weekend to hunt I will wash you boat truck feed the dog what ever I need to start hunting local. I have all my gear just need someone to show me the ropes Around here. I have a VA and a NC hunting licence

Will

#2 ·
Will,

See if Little Creek MWR still rents Jon Boats, If so launch at Bennets Creek and run to Ragged Island, Not the best shooting but we have had some good shoots in the late season there,

Try sending a PM to LewDog or Cut-un on the VA forum, they have helped out quite a few AD military in the past. You can try and post a request in the VA forum but be ready for some negative remarks :no:

"Don't you know we all just look for handouts in Hampton Roads."

Good Luck

Mike

#3 ·
MIKE J. said:
Will,

See if Little Creek MWR still rents Jon Boats, If so launch at Bennets Creek and run to Ragged Island, Not the best shooting but we have had some good shoots in the late season there,

Try sending a PM to LewDog or Cut-un on the VA forum, they have helped out quite a few AD military in the past. You can try and post a request in the VA forum but be ready for some negative remarks :no:

"Don't you know we all just look for handouts in Hampton Roads."

Good Luck

Mike
NO joke mike it is like someone is going to come a shot up ll the deck here. Heck Bennets creek sounds good. I will have to check it out.

Will

#4 ·
Just tell LewDog / Cut-un you talked to me if you send them a PM. :thumbsup:

Bennets Creek is a 3.5 mile run, If the weather is blowing out of the NW dont try it in a small boat. I was running a 20 foot john with a 115 and it gets snotty at times. I will PM "the Place" to set-up... Beach the boat and shoot from shore, mostly divers but we did get a few puddler's also.

Good Luck

Mike

#5 ·
Sure I can get you in a blind , what day or days do you want to hunt ? I'm not sure if I can hunt with you for I have my own plans , do you have a boat or will you be on foot ? Do you know of another ADM that would join you on the hunt ? I can supply Mud, Marsh grass , Saltwater and a heck of a view of the Bay, but ducks are something you will have to pray for .
Where are you station at , up here may be to far for you, have you hunted any of the WMA's or tried over on Eastern Shore?
Here is a website for you and all to have a long look at , a great way to meet other hunters and join in on many hunts all over the state. www.vawfa.org !!!

:yes: LD :smile:

#7 ·
Will,

Mike's already hit you up here. LD is one of the most ADM friendly guys you will find there! Take him up on his offer to come hunt. It is a little bit of a drive from Norfolk but well worth it. You can also hit up AFMAN87. He was my hunting partner when I was out there and I think he is looking for someone to hunt with. As long as you are willing to put in some scouting time with him. Good Luck.

K9

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.